Session drummer 2 question in cakewalk

jade

Question

Last night I was entering a drum pattern in piano roll view using instrument Session drummer 2 and I accidentally pressed one of the drum fills under kick drum.

The description for the fill reads something like H - 7.

Now every time I play the whole drum pattern it also plays this drum fill! Yet nothing shows up in any view which I can delete. Why would someone design it like this?

I literally spent 2 hours just trying to delete it. I even read the 250 odd page cakewalk manual looking at all references for controllers but nothing..

Could someone tell me how to edit and delete this drum fill? This is the kind of thing which turns me right off a creative project..

Another question I have is, what is the best free drum instrument for sonar bandlab? Is session drummer 3 free? I am only an occasional user so not that familiar.

Edited by jade
correction

6 answers to this question

Thanks I will try to find these things tonight.

Another problem I have with the SL drum kit which comes with the new cakewalk download is when I enter piano roll view the names of the drums are missing.

Pressing the notes play the drums but without the names it is almost impossible to use.

Again why would someone design it like that? I just dont get it.. Everyone is new at first at least make it useable for a new user..

Most drum synths do not implement the appropriate VST2 opcode to display instrument names.

AFAIK, only BFD, Session Drummer 2/3 and Sitala implement this.

I built an instrument definition file for SI-Drums see this thread. This may be used to display instrument names in the label pane left of the note pane in the PRV.