Clips and tracks

DSL

Question

Hi Friends,

Another potentially dumb question I'm afraid...

I've been audio editing a vocal track, getting rid of little clicks and pops and putting in fades etc. I'm new to this. Obviously when I finished I had a lot of separate clips, when what I wanted was a revised track. So I looked up the online manual and thought I'd understood what to do. However, now I've got one big clip, and when I tried to duplicate the track it was empty...aargh! I can copy the clip to another track, but that makes getting it in the right place a bit tricky, and in any case I want a track that I can bounce to file. Sorry to ask yet another dumb question of you good folks but will somebody explain how to end up with an edited track not clip?

Many thanks! 

3 answers to this question

Try File > Export > Audio and select one of the Tracks presets in the Export Audio dialog then select the track to export from sources and click the export button. This will create and export one consolidated clip from all the clips in the track.

Duplicating a track does not consolidate clips. What gets duplicated depends on how the Duplicate Track Settings dialog is configured.

To copy clip(s) from one track to another and have the clips land at the same point on the timeline, select the clips then CTRL+SHIFT+drag the clips to the new track or to the empty space below the last track to create a new track with the data copied into it.

Many thanks I'll have a look at this. I appreciate you taking the time to answer what are probably obvious things to yourself - I can only hope that one day a lot of these things will be obvious to me...