Weird phantom sounds.

What is going on in track #3 - Vocaltrack? (Green, expanded track)
It is soloed, and I could not share driver with my screengrabber, so I filmed it with my camera. General hiss is upon Nikon.
I have bounced to clip and applied trimming. 
Still these phantom sounds appear after the clip ends:

Edited by Moxica

Sounds like an electrical pop to me , maybe somewhere in you cables.  Thru most of it the left side of your meter is spiking higher ...  Are the noises ever present on any other track soloed ?  One part of it almost sounds like footsteps..  Any paranormal activity ??                            mark

• Haha 1

Sounds like your latency is too low, that's the kind of popping and clicking you can get.  Does that track have a reverb on it or other high latency effects?  Set your audio buffer to a much bigger number, as big as you can.

edit: Come to think of it a latency hit wouldn't move the track's meters (at least I don't think it would).  Is it a live mic?  Is the sound the same every time?

Edited by Matthew Sorrels

A project of mine had weird popping during silence and I traced it to "plug-in load balancing". If you still have a version of the project that has those pops, and it's not too much trouble, maybe you could try turning off plug-in load balancing (Edit > Preferences > Audio - Playback and Recording, just below the "Use Multiprocessing Engine") to see if your weird phantom noises go away. If so, maybe you could send in your trouble report. (Mine in the old Forum)

If these plugins are causing this sound when there is no input, what do they do to the sound itself? I don't know if I would want to use them if they are making that kind of noise when idle, what kind of noise are they adding to your signal?

Just curious - the Nova has a wide-band compression feature, here is a brief bit from page 11 of the Nova user manual on it, so wondering why you would be adding in the Tube Tech Channel and using its compression (again, just curious):

"CHANNEL STRIP NOVA can also be used much like a conventional channel-strip:  A compressor followed by an equalizer. This is basically just a mixture of the scenarios “PARAMETRIC EQUALIZATION” and “WIDEBAND COMPRESSION” highlighted above. But it works surprisingly well in the mixing stage."

Bob Bone

• 2 months later...

I just saw this searching for a similar problem. If I run two Munt MT32 x64 plugins at once, it get this crackling/sparkling in the sound. Muting one doesn't help the other. And it's only when it's playing a sound. There is no noise when no notes are playing. 

If I turn off the "Use Multiprocessing Engine" it goes away.

Not sure what is going on. Without the Multiprocessing Engine, it taxes my m7 pretty good although it's still enough on some complex songs with lots of plugins.

Edit: I did see where Load Balancing is for effects but not instruments so that explains why turning it off has little if any affect. The manual says CbB will still use the other processor and cores when Multi-Processing engine is off but not exactly when.

So far, with MPE off, all the songs seem to be fine even if the processor usage is pretty high. But if it works, I'm not going to worry about it.

Edited by Terry Kelley