Activation Issues

Hi everyone,

have been a Cakewalk user for many years in the Sonar days and been with Cakewalk by bandlab ever since

the demise. I was using it on my music PC on Win 7 but have built my own PC and put in Win 10 since then and activated

an up to date version of Cakewalk my new machine. I then went back to my previous PC with the older version of Cakewalk

as I wanted to freeze my tracks of various song projects and export to my new computer but have an activation required prompt

and now cannot save any projects. I have not found a way to activate both versions and have filled out a ticket but have not anything

for a few days now. If anyone has had a similar problem perhaps you may be so kind as to advise or suggest, kind regards

Phil

Unless you're up to date with all of the latest the Windows 7 updates, you may have issues using the in-app refresh activation.

Downloading BandLab Assistant and using that to update activation is still an option on Windows 7.

If all your projects were saved as "Pre Project Folders" you only need to copy that entire folder to the new computer. There's no reason to be freezing tracks unless you have some old 32 bit plugs that refuse to install on W10. I can open projects I made 20 years ago.