Sample Logic Xosphere

cclarry

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Watch the demo and it s always the same kind of useless sounds

This type of instrument (a bunch of loops played in some sort of engine) always has these kinds of problems.  Sample Logic have done a pretty good job of trying to break out of the box, but there is always a gap between the loop engine insturment and a real instrument.  I like Xosphere 1/2 and they make amazing soundscapes but it's not all that musical really.  Maybe I just don't have the talent to get the most out of something like this, but I think it's pretty fair to be kind of critical about this entire type of software instrument library.  They are vastly overpriced and have much less real use for the bucks.  Doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying them, but I think you have to be honest about how much you can really use some of these products.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

This type of instrument (a bunch of loops played in some sort of engine) always has these kinds of problems.  Sample Logic have done a pretty good job of trying to break out of the box, but there is always a gap between the loop engine insturment and a real instrument.  I like Xosphere 1/2 and they make amazing soundscapes but it's not all that musical really.  Maybe I just don't have the talent to get the most out of something like this, but I think it's pretty fair to be kind of critical about this entire type of software instrument library.  They are vastly overpriced and have much less real use for the bucks.  Doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying them, but I think you have to be honest about how much you can really use some of these products.

i agree .... too often people mistakes "good sounding" versus "usefull , good sounding tool" ... something like dronar , gets you covered for a fraction of the price ...

Same here but really sounds are not so musical , check my video on ik tapes , at the end of the video i m working in a track and check the sounds in background , beautyfull textures coming from albion 5  ... it s way more vibrant and organic .. . Imho ...