Color Code On Menu Names?

Johnbee58

I've always wondered something.  In the plugin menu there are 3 color letter designations.  Blue, yellow and white.  What do the colors signify?  They all work on mine but I'm curious as I want to get around to  customizing the instruments I have in the "uncategorized" folder.

Thanks so much!

John B🙂

The colours depend on the theme you are using. They represent VST 2, VST 3, DX and then VST2 32 bit. 

There's the option in Preferences VST settings / VST3 migration to hide all VST2 options for the same plug in. That said some people have had issues with certain VST3 and have reverted to the VST2 version. So best to sort out which versions you want to use. Myself I use all VST 3 when available without issue so I've hidden the VST2 versions. 

32 minutes ago, John Vere said:

The colours depend on the theme you are using. They represent VST 2, VST 3, DX and then VST2 32 bit. 

There's the option in Preferences VST settings / VST3 migration to hide all VST2 options for the same plug in. That said some people have had issues with certain VST3 and have reverted to the VST2 version. So best to sort out which versions you want to use. Myself I use all VST 3 when available without issue so I've hidden the VST2 versions. 

Thanks for the explanation, John.

😀John B

• Like 1