Dromoland

Bajan Blue

On 5/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, mark skinner said:

Nice . I Really enjoyed the Floyd'ish feel of the acoustic and the entire song.  Thanks for getting me to research acoustic guitar IR's. I have a couple that I Love to play but have trouble getting an acceptable sound if I go DI.  Hopefully I can get a handle on the technique , I agree Amazing ..   Enjoyed it  ..  mark

Hi Mark - thanks for that, appreciated -  if you get good Guitar IR's, I find they really make a difference - I purchased some really good ones from these people

https://worshiptutorials.com/acoustic-guitar-impulse-responses/

however I am sure they have regular sales - i don't remember paying that amount.

Nigel

On 5/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, freddy j said:

Once again you have achieved stellar stuff.  I very much like the "partnership" between acoustic and electric guitars.  Ah, the quick ending -- cool.

This was an aural/visual treat!! 

Hi Freddy - your time is always appreciated - thanks for those great comments

Nigel

On 5/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool track Nigel - I liked the chord progressions of the acoustic on this one.  I used to use a Porta Studio 4-track years ago - still have it in fact.

Hi Douglas - ha ha about the Porta Studio - after this recording I went out and purchased a Porta Studio, which I think I only ever used a couple of times before I discovered the brave new world of computers!! I still have mine as well tucked away in a cupboard somewhere!!!

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2022 at 10:42 AM, DeeringAmps said:

A bit different than I expected; much enjoyed!

tried to comment over at youtube and could not...

t

Hi tom

thanks my friend, your time always appreciated - I'll go and check that issue with YouTube

Nigel

On 5/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Love the fullness and depth of the guitar.

😀John B

Hi John, thanks for that appreciated - the fullness and depth very much because of the IR'

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/29/2022 at 12:31 AM, noynekker said:

Smoothly strummed, upbeat, interesting FX . . . so cool when old projects get rescued from the past . . . if this is the last from "Regeneration", hope you have another one in the works ?

Hi - yes it was really great being able to make such a poor recording (well would certainly be classed as poor these days sound quality wise) sound something pretty good.

Well I just checked re posting of the tracks and I  noticed I had made a little mistake when posting the tracks/videos off Regeneration, and there is still one left to post!! 

And I am working on another album - just adding final vocals then final mixing - should be ready to release late July / early August

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/29/2022 at 8:28 PM, Bapu said:

Nigel,

This is the second song that I listened to in the last three weeks that I was certain I commented on but alas I did not (until now).

Simply put I really  enjoyed that.

Hi Baps

Emm, I've done that a couple of times lately - I think it must be a forum bug - couldn't be anything to do with us - I mean we, emm, we never,emm............oh I seem to have forgotten what I was talking about🤪

Nigel