Dromoland

Bajan Blue

Hi everyone

Here is the fifteenth and last  track off our latest album, Regeneration. The track is called Dromoland.

A bit of a story on this one - i recorded the acoustic guitar live in one take around 20 odd years ago in the grounds of Dromoland Castle Ireland - it was recoded on an old Porta Studio - whilst I liked the performance I never thought the recording was good enough to use, so it lay there - until I discovered the wonders of Guitar IR's a while back - amazing results,  so I added this as a sort of bonus track to the last album.

Hope you enjoy it.

Nigel

https://devinelie.com

https://www.youtube.com/c/DevineLie/videos

https://open.spotify.com/album/4wi4STVNSG7Wm6RuRM3DFz

• Like 4

Nice . I Really enjoyed the Floyd'ish feel of the acoustic and the entire song.  Thanks for getting me to research acoustic guitar IR's. I have a couple that I Love to play but have trouble getting an acceptable sound if I go DI.  Hopefully I can get a handle on the technique , I agree Amazing ..   Enjoyed it  ..  mark

On 5/22/2022 at 12:06 PM, jack c. said:

truly wonderful.jack c.

Hi Jack

Thanks for that and glad you liked it

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/23/2022 at 7:51 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice Nigel, I have a love of the phaser FX on so many instruments and this is lovingly applied here. Sweet stuff, as ever ;)  :)  

Hi Wookie

Thanks - yes very judiciously applied!!!!!

Cheers, appreciated

Nigel

On 5/23/2022 at 10:26 AM, AndyB01 said:

Fifteen tracks? 😳 Where I'm from, we call that 'two albums'. 😂

Nice work this, nicely rescued and restored - great job.

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for that - yes I had fun rescuing this old guitar track - took a while but I also think I learned a lot doing it!!

See, you can teach an old dog new tricks🤪

Yes 15 tracks was a lot of work  - so the new album, that is nearing readiness, is only 13 tracks!!!!

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, Jesse Screed said:

some say the universe is 14 billion years old

in human years it is only 16

so a 20 year old composition is coming from way back

you keep going back and before you know it you will catch yourself!!!

this good!

Hi Jesse

never a truer word said my friend  - I always try and look forward, unless I'm looking back at old Tracks I did ages ago but never really finished them as I would now!!

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, bjornpdx said:

Nigel, short but sweet bonus track. One of those songs that carry you off to someplace pleasant.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn - really appreciate the kind comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/24/2022 at 11:34 AM, Larry T. said:

nice, steady tune....isn't it amazing what can sometimes be done with an improvised or, y'know, one-off performance?? 🎼🎶🎼🎶

HI Larry - yes definitely - this was definitely a one off 

thanks

Nigel

On 5/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Very nice track to wrap up the album, enjoyed it.

Thanks, appreciate the time and comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/24/2022 at 9:32 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Really nice work with some amazing sounds. Glad you saved that one. What kind of guitar is that?

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the kind comments - appreciated.

I think - it was a long time ago mind you, that it would have been my Washburn EA30 - I used to cart that around with me, so pretty sure it would have been that one. I still have that Guitar, although I have not used it for a long time - I should dig it out!!

Nigel