Isn't the coffee house , a coffee house ?

Zo

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Ok, here we go ……

what does Studio One have to to do in a Cakewalk sponsored forum ?

Just saying …….

From the forum header:

The Coffee House

Discussion of music related subjects. 

We, being "normal-ish" humans have enough trouble following that!  😁

• Like 2

I ve been using sonar sinc day one.  Introduced it to SAE via roland and with vs 700 systems , teached on it , hyped it , made people switch from cours to videos ... that s why i m here ... i m here because gibson made us shake with a trauma ...and we together with valuable people around here that i really consider friends , we ve been on a journey to find new daws ...

This gave us the opportunity to really appreciate stuff around and also how sonar was great and at the same time was mossing stuff ...

I still use sonar and my son , is starting on it ... 

I m asking question here becuse i know i will have serious answers ... bapu s one actually made me investigate and you can de activate the scan at start ( i knew but ) but did ya know that then from explorer if you launch a  scan it will #can only new plugin so no need to re activate scan at start when new plugins installed ...

oops this might be to much cafeine for the owners ,....

• Great Idea 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Ok, here we go ……

what does Studio One have to to do in a Cakewalk sponsored forum ?

Just saying …….

From the Coffee House forum "rules" displayed at the top of the CH forum page....

" This is an inclusive discussion area, intended to promote music-related discussions that do not pertain specifically to Cakewalk software. Users of all experience levels and backgrounds can ask questions and share knowledge"

Locking the thread was ridiculous and it could be argued that action in itself broke the above rule. The further implication that some kind of generous leniency had been employed to prevent the OP from being permanently banned for asking the question is so far beyond ridiculous that I'm not sure any words that wouldn't send the forum software into an asterisk frenzy have yet been invented to describe it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, paulo said:

From the Coffee House forum "rules" displayed at the top of the CH forum page....

" This is an inclusive discussion area, intended to promote music-related discussions that do not pertain specifically to Cakewalk software. Users of all experience levels and backgrounds can ask questions and share knowledge"

Locking the thread was ridiculous and it could be argued that action in itself broke the above rule. The further implication that some kind of generous leniency had been employed to prevent the OP from being permanently banned for asking the question is so far beyond ridiculous that I'm not sure any words that wouldn't send the forum software into an asterisk frenzy have yet been invented to describe it.

yes i also know how to read.

So this is a help desk for S1 ?

ok, fair enough.

Edited by Jeremy Oakes

Who is making these decisions?

If it's BandLab staff, I guess one just has to accept it. 

On the other hand, if it's a forum 'host' (or whatever they're called now), I guess one just has to accept it too.

Speaking of 'hosts', although I've never been a fan of the concept, I have to admit we've had a handful of decent ones - FastBikerBoy (Karl), Danny Danzi and Dave (Bitflipper) spring to mind. I may not always have agreed with their decisions, but I had enough respect for them to abide by their rulings.

But sadly, for every FBB or Bitflipper, we also ended up with a few who were basically just the school bully who'd been given a prefect's badge. Or worse, a complete fruit loop, such as me old mate CakeAlexS.

Nowadays, I just can't be arsed to kick up a stink. It is what it is.

• Like 2

I think there could be a bit of community reporting/complaining going on, especially in the case of Studio One.

Hmmmm, dear old John never even got a mention, ahhhh, he's probably still trying to figure out how to do it, you know . . .

• Haha 2

I had to search vindaloo. 

You know those concentrated cleaners where you only need a small amount? I am capable of melting polyester.

How did I get on that?

This is about a coffee house being a coffee house. 

I guess if we didn't have mods, things could get very bad very quickly. If we were unmodded what would we be? 

So yeah I think we need it. It gets over used and over played on some forums. I have had a few of my posts yanked. I didn't think they were extreme or I would not have posted them. I remember the english chick here with the guns. She was tough. This would have been pre CbB days. I'm sure she was a nice person at heart, unless she was trying to shoot you.🤣

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, SteveStrummerUK said:

Nowadays, I just can't be arsed to kick up a stink. It is what it is.

Yeah I hear you !

toto1.jpg.7477434b6fe63b0e4a90042aabe8b288.jpg

I miss the days when The Coffee House was somewhat of a Free For All !

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 3