HoRNet Weekend Super Sale

cclarry

Had been thinking to check out their loudness compensator for a while but am getting no response from the 'Purchase' button at checkout with Paypal option. Do not see that I have missed filling anything in. Curious to hear if anyone else has success.

Edited by David Baay

On 5/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, Fleer said:

I don’t like how they charge for upgrades. It’s like buying the same plug-in over and over again. 

Hi :) Saverio from HoRNet Plugins here.

I'm sorry you don't like our upgrade policy but keep in mind that when we release a new major version we always add features and we only require a small fee on the order of some euros (never happened to be more than 3,99€ yet) so it's not something that everybody cannot afford.

there is some plugin you bought that we then upgraded and you think it's not worth it? if you are willing em to let me know I'll be more than happy to improve and learn if we did some mistake.

Saverio

https://www.hornetplugins.com

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HoRNet said:

I'm sorry you don't like our upgrade policy but keep in mind that when we release a new major version we always add features and we only require a small fee on the order of some euros (never happened to be more than 3,99€ yet) so it's not something that everybody cannot afford.

there is some plugin you bought that we then upgraded and you think it's not worth it? if you are willing em to let me know I'll be more than happy to improve and learn if we did some mistake.

Saverio

Grazie, Saverio. 
Trust me, your prices are pretty low, and your plugins are pretty good. The only thing I don’t like is paying for upgrades too often. If I may, I would suggest not charging for upgrades during a certain period of time, like five years after the original purchase. 

Just now, Fleer said:

Grazie, Saverio. 
Trust me, your prices are pretty low, and your plugins are pretty good. The only thing I don’t like is paying for upgrades too often. If I may, I would suggest not charging for upgrades during a certain period of time, like five years after the original purchase. 

I understand, but if we make a plugin now and we spend a certain amount of time and money for R&D, then we market the plugin for then next 2 years, providing bug fixes and sometimes small feature updates, then we decide to upgrade the plugin and we ask you 3€ for the new features it's not a shame I think... the only issue is if you buy the plugin after a year and half we have released, but this is not our fault and to provide the new version we had adde costs for research and development.

If you buy any DAW now and in 6 months they release a new version you'll have to pay the upgrade fees, I don't see what's strange here...you are not forced to upgrade to new version if the ones you have still works fine :)

Saverio

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoRNet said:

Saverio

Nice that you chime in. I may get all of your plugins someday even though I don't need them.  I like the no nonsense gui and willing to trust the end user with no authorization scheme and no installer.   I also like you are willing to allow negative reviews on your site.  Keep up with the youtube videos. I think that is great marketing. 

This was the first time I've ever come across this criticism.

• Like 2