Hold on my Heart

Keith Wilby

Not to be confused with the Genesis song of the same title. This one uses that strange technique of a sad lyric to a happy tune. It doesn't always work but I think this one does.

Hope you enjoy it. It weighs in at 5 minutes but I think it's got enough going on to keep you from dozing off.

https://www.bandlab.com/wilbyforce/holdonmyheart-59a6acf2?revId=736b5152-76d7-ec11-b656-2818783151a1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mark skinner said:

Great job on the vocals Keith , this sure didn't sound like an easy one to sing. I Really liked the melody.    mark

Thanks Mark. It's in a bit of a high register for me to be honest and I was expecting someone to pick up on that. I'm not a fan of double-tracked vocals but I double-tracked this one to try and give it a bit more texture. I'm not sure that I succeeded. I tried transposing it down a bit but it didn't sound right in another key somehow. Maybe I'll get a guest vocalist in 😁

• Like 1

Super tune Keith ! . . . and an interesting recording, really like the way you've panned things around. The way you double tracked the vocals works pretty good in this one, I liked the vocals a lot, it does come across that you had some fun singing this. 

18 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

is the snare just in the left can?

Yes it is. There are two drum kits in unison, one panned hard left, the other right. The left snare swamps the one on the right. I'm currently working on using Addictive Drums instead.

• Like 1