Can't Wait - work in progress (remixed 6/23)

Lynn Wilson

HI Lynn.
It doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it!!!
I have Focal Trio 6 Be monitors running of a Drawmer Monitor Controller.
These pure beryllium inverted tweeters maybe are showing up to much!!

AS I have stated...  I love the song... great work!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 7:29 PM, Lynn said:

Steve, thanks for your time and comments.  I took advantage of the click track on this latest version.  I'm still having a blast!

You godda have fun .... but you know what Lynn?  If nothing else we have one thing in common ..to my ears anyway,  Somewhere in your voice is a bloke who really wants to sing HEAVY rock ... like an automatic car, one foot on the throttle and one on the brake ... waiting for the green light ! ( BTW Just listened to Black Dog on the tube ...great work ...was that the family pitching in ? N joyed it loads

All the best

Steve

• Like 1

Hiya Lynn, how are you?

Listening to Can't Wait right now. Sounding quite good on both cans and my nearfields... Good song. A place for everything, and everything in its place, as the saying goes ;)

I'm not picking up on the screechiness thing. Perhaps it appeals to me :)

cheers

andy

18 hours ago, garybrun said:

HI Lynn.
It doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it!!!
I have Focal Trio 6 Be monitors running of a Drawmer Monitor Controller.
These pure beryllium inverted tweeters maybe are showing up to much!!

AS I have stated...  I love the song... great work!

Gary, thanks for your kind words again.  Very encouraging!

6 hours ago, SPAK said:

You godda have fun .... but you know what Lynn?  If nothing else we have one thing in common ..to my ears anyway,  Somewhere in your voice is a bloke who really wants to sing HEAVY rock ... like an automatic car, one foot on the throttle and one on the brake ... waiting for the green light ! ( BTW Just listened to Black Dog on the tube ...great work ...was that the family pitching in ? N joyed it loads

All the best

Steve

Steve, you are so right about having fun.  I never pined to be a singer; it just happened out of necessity, but I do love singing.  That was my old band WIFE in that video which was our first and was produced by my friend Mike Moors who was the keyboard player in the video.  Thanks for mentioning that!

4 hours ago, martins said:

what mic do you use for your vocal? sound good

nice mix!

Martins, I use an AKG Perception 220 for my vocals and acoustic guitar.  It's inexpensive, but it was patterned after a Neumann U-87.  I run it into a Focusrite Platinum Voicemaster channel strip.

4 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Trippy!  I really like that synth at the beginning.  It almost sounds like a human voice.  If this is a WIP it's coming along nicely.

Everything clicks great.  Neat tune.

🙂John B

John, thanks for you kind words.  I owe this to the community who always come through with good advice.

13 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Hiya Lynn, how are you?

Listening to Can't Wait right now. Sounding quite good on both cans and my nearfields... Good song. A place for everything, and everything in its place, as the saying goes ;)

I'm not picking up on the screechiness thing. Perhaps it appeals to me :)

cheers

andy

Hi Andy, it's good to hear from you!  A big difference in my mixing technique occurred when I picked up a set of Sennheiser HD 300 Pro headphones.  Knowing that many people listen on headphones and earbuds, I paid more attention to them during the post production than ever before.  I'm glad to hear that it translates well for you.  Thanks for responding!

10 minutes ago, Lynn said:

Hi Andy, it's good to hear from you!  A big difference in my mixing technique occurred when I picked up a set of Sennheiser HD 300 Pro headphones.  Knowing that many people listen on headphones and earbuds, I paid more attention to them during the post production than ever before.  I'm glad to hear that it translates well for you.  Thanks for responding!

I've heard a lot of good reviews about those headphones... I am still using my KNS-8400 cans but I have also started using my Tannoy Reveal active monitors as I get closer to finishing the mix. And I also use SPAN, of course. Even my nearfields can't pick everything up, at the low end anyway. My hearing is good for nothing about 10kHz anyway...

• Like 1