My Big Day Off Watching Rockumentaries

Rain

3 hours ago, craigb said:

I'd watch some of the shows, but I'm too busy doing hallucinogens and listening to Jean-Michel Jarre and watching 4k trippy screen-savers.

(Or is that just me? 🤔)

Sounds like a waste of good drugs to me.

• Haha 1

Watched one about Brian Jones last week, but it didn't really make as much of an impression as I'd have hoped. I'm not a die hard Stones fan in any way and I know little about them, but even so, I seem to have learned very little.

Rolling Stone: The Life and Death of Brian Jones it was called, IIRC.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2022 at 3:37 AM, Rain said:

Watched one about Brian Jones last week, but it didn't really make as much of an impression as I'd have hoped. I'm not a die hard Stones fan in any way and I know little about them, but even so, I seem to have learned very little.

Rolling Stone: The Life and Death of Brian Jones it was called, IIRC.

I saw that one too. Kinda meh.

I did watch The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus last week and it was kind of sad to see Brian just playing maracas on Sympathy For The Devil. But to see Jethro Tull with Tony Iommi was way cool. The Dirty Mack was fun too.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2

So much cool stuff going on the playlist! Keep'em coming.

I've just put this one back on my watchlist - seen it once but I am going through one of my Alice phases and I need to see it again. Really liked it.

81QTZle3sWL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.677b3482715729512d8a1268662e824f.jpg

And for some reason, now I also feel like watching Deadpool too... Wonder why.

Edited by Rain

Watched a documentary last night about The Who's management team, "Lambert and Stamp", from 2014.
Lots of funny stories, especially how the 2 men didn't know how to do any of that stuff but did it anyway! Hey. let's make a movie! Hey, let's manage a band! Hey, let's start a record label! Why don't we buy a movie studio?
When Daltrey and Moon had a particularly vicious fight and Kit Lambert persuaded Roger to stop hitting Keith anymore. "It was hell", Roger said. For 3 years, Keith took every opportunity to push Daltrey's buttons to try to make him lose his temper.

• Like 2