PRV question

paulo

I've tried the reference guide, but just seemed to end up in an endless loop of go to page xxxx and eventually lost the will to live.

Simple question (hopefully)

Whenever I open PRV the "note pane" as the ref guide calls it displays the notes as numbers by default and I have to right click it and manually change it in the pop-up window to display as diatonic which then shows the keyboard. How do I make displaying the keyboard (diatonic) the default option? 

I'm guessing there must be a way because I'm sure I didn't used to have to do this every time, but I can't find it.

TIA

6 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

do you use any custom Lenses or Screensets ?

That would be my first guess anyway.

I've never knowingly used either, but I do use a custom template for all projects, so I wonder if it's something to do with that? I'll see what happens if I change it in the template file when I'm back at my DAW pc.

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I think you just right click on the "note number" part:

change_prv_note_numbers.gif

Thanks for the trouble you went to here, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.  I know how to change it and what you show here is exactly what I do, but next time I open PRV it has reverted to the numbers and I have to do it again.......and again.......and again. What I'm trying to find is a way to make that change stick and be the default display.

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

It's a frozen midi track?
The notes of frozen midi tracks are displayed as numbers by default. If you unfreeze it, the keyboards come back.

Hello HIBI  - sorry I did not reply to your previous answer - I ran out of time and had to go out. Thank you for trying again despite that.The track is not frozen when I open the PRV to edit/add to the midi because if it was I would not be able to hear the changes or play the instrument.

Ah it's okay.
BTW, I have tried to go with changing Assign Instrument in the preference settings but found no difference. So I have no idea... I'm wondering why it has become default in your Cakewalk. Good luck...

Edited by HIBI