Melodyne moves away from the track working on

Is there something I can do to stop Melodyne from switching tracks and moving away from the clip I am working on when I stop the transport.  Let me explain. 

I click on the clip I am working on.  Make adjustments or whatever.  Hit play and when I stop the transport it switches to another track instead of staying on the track I was working on.  It does return to the begin point, but it is no longer on the correct track.

Thanks 

Unfortunately I have no solution for the problem! ☹️ But you are not the only one that has problems using Melodyne within CbB. When I create a region FX with Melodyne I have to scroll around to find the contents, the position is never where I have the now time! With the transport I experience unexplainable behavior, too.

I think all this began when there was a change in CbB that all Melodyne regions are represented in the same Melodyne view. Before I did not have such problems! But maybe I am wrong! 😄

I have never had that problem and don't know what to ascribe it to, but I do have a couple of problems with it, too: one would be that sometimes opening the clip in Melodyne opens to a blank view, unpopulated with notes. I have to close it and reopen it again, for the notes to appear. The second is that every time I close the Melodyne window, after having finished editing, the view changes to Console View, instead of the place I opened it from, which is the Track View.

8 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I have never had that problem and don't know what to ascribe it to, but I do have a couple of problems with it, too: one would be that sometimes opening the clip in Melodyne opens to a blank view, unpopulated with notes. I have to close it and reopen it again, for the notes to appear. The second is that every time I close the Melodyne window, after having finished editing, the view changes to Console View, instead of the place I opened it from, which is the Track View.

Yes, I do often find this same problem, that appears randomly: I think it happens because Melodyne does not always auto select the track you already selected for editing. If you click  in the select track (orange icon)  inside Melodyne, you get the blops displayed.

Screenshot_1.png

• Thanks 1

I have also noticed that when for the very first time you open Melodyne as a regional effect on a project that you get a blank screen. All I do is click in the middle of the clip I have opened in track view and it will now show in the editor. After that all clips will open in focus. 

@Olaf  Melodyne opens its editing view in the multi dock. When you render and close it you will still be in the multi dock. So the default is the console view. Just hit D to close if you are single screen. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 10:24 PM, Andres Medina said:

Yes, I do often find this same problem, that appears randomly: I think it happens because Melodyne does not always auto select the track you already selected for editing. If you click  in the select track (orange icon)  inside Melodyne, you get the blops displayed.

Thank you, I'll try it next time. It's true the Melodyne window doesn't get selected even when it opens with the notes showing, you have to click inside it to select it. Otherwise you hit CTRL+A, to select all the notes, and it selects all the clips in the Track View instead, which does not even show on the screen, and you don't even know it happens. Lots of useless extra clicking. Not to mention who knows what you might press, thinking you're in Melodyne, and wake up to stuff disappeared in your tracks, without even being aware.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:53 AM, John Vere said:

Melodyne opens its editing view in the multi dock. When you render and close it you will still be in the multi dock. So the default is the console view. Just hit D to close if you are single screen. 

I think you're confusing things. The Melodyne tab is docked in the multi-docker, but you don't open it from the multi-docker, but from the respective audio clip(s), which are in the Track View. When you work with audio clips, which is what Melodyne is intended for, that's where you have to work. Regardless, it's a rule of thumb, something that opens from a certain place should close to that place, to allow the workflow to resume. Being switched to the console after very render, when you're working with dozens of clips, becomes a little annoying.

I've had the same problem since using the original Melodyne that was bundled with CWB up to and including Melodyne 5 editor Version 5.2.0 that I'm using now. There are all kinds of niggling bugs in Melodyne but I continue to be mostly happy with the product.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:52 PM, John Vere said:

orry but your not understanding how Cakewalk handles different views . Melodyne is one of many views that is placed in the multi dock.

???? Will you give it a rest with the dock? Nobody cares where the tab is placed. There was no mention of that, and it's got no bearing on anything. The only things relevant to the preoblem: where you open it from, where you close it to. Where the tab of the open window is placed has nothing to do with it. Of course it's gonna be placed on the multidock, where else would it be placed? That's not what the talk was about.

The only option would be they open as a GUI like the way plug ins open.

????? And that you got from.... ??? And how would that solve anything of what I've mentioned? There was no mention of any problem with the actual window, so who's asking for an "option" to replace it, let alone an "only" option?

Your wish would require a lot of changes to the skylight interface. 

It would require absolutely no change to he "skylight" (or any other) interface. It would just require that after you've closed the window, the track view is brought back up, and not the console view, that's got nothing to do with working with Melodyne, since it's a region FX.