HELP

Harddrive

Question

Problem out of nowhere.

Was using CW last night - no problems. Go to start it up today and it seems full of bugs.

I have my external gear connected to my laptop via a powered multiport USB device hidden in my mixer rackbox. This includes:

Roland FA06

Voicelive Effects

Lexicon MX200

DMXIS lighting controller

Panda wireless MIDI dongle

Go to load songs and the MIDI boxes for these are not ticked. I tick them and sort them so they correspond with the controlling MIDI tracks in CW and shut down the applet and then the program hangs and seemingly stays resident in Task Manager. It doesn't want to be 'ended' either (Cakewalk always has a problem with this it seems) and when I restart and try to reconfigure MIDI again, it tells me there isn't enough memory. This is crap as I have a top end windows laptop running a very stable and unloaded W7 and resource wise the machine isn't even breaking into a jog.

What could be wrong? Do I need to reinstall? 

Thanks in advance

harddrive

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Harddrive said:

Problem out of nowhere.

Was using CW last night - no problems. Go to start it up today and it seems full of bugs.

I have my external gear connected to my laptop via a powered multiport USB device hidden in my mixer rackbox. This includes:

Could there have been a power outage?

USB devices don't like to be disconnected. That led me to the question.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 5:17 AM, tecknot said:

Hi Harddrive,

Did you say you are on Windows 7?

Kind regards,

tecknot

Yes

Strangely enough, the bloody thing cleared itself soon after. Hate random, unaccounted for errors

Thanks everyone for your help

harddrive