marker deletion

John Bradley

Right clicking on a marker opens a pop-up window that lets you rename it and adjust its time/pitch.

It'd be keen if Delete was also an option.

Yes, I can open the Markers window, find it in there, and delete it that way. But it's good UI to have common operations on an object available via direct manipulation of the object itself, not finding it elsewhere in a list of such objects.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

The "click the marker and hit Delete while keeping the mouse button held down" is handy, and does what I want... but you could see why someone might use CW for decades and never run across that tidbit. We're used to trying various combinations of Shift, Alt, Ctrl and Left/Right clicking and double-clicking to see 'what can be done' with an object. And the modifiers come before the click, typically.

Clicking and hitting some non-standard key mid-click is somewhat alien to the Windows Experience.

Anyway, the request for a more intuitive (albeit slower) way to delete markers via the pop-up still stands. Even if I no longer need it... until I forget how to do the cool thing!

Edited by John Bradley
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

The "click the marker and hit Delete while keeping the mouse button held down" is handy, and does what I want

precisely

8 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

Anyway, the request for a more intuitive (albeit slower) way to delete markers via the pop-up still stands. Even if I no longer it... until I forget how to do the cool thing!

I have no problem with the FR just offer the current method while waiting for the FR to materialize.

• Like 5

If there were a reaction stronger than "Great" idea, I would have used it. "Excellent Idea."

How to delete a marker was something that baffled me, and that I had to Google.

John is absolutely correct about the "mid-click" modifier key being non-standard Windows, and given how Windows-compliant most of Cakewalk strives to be, rather odd, and it sure feels weird. I tried all of the standard modifiers before giving up and Googling.

Alt+right click or something might be good, but just having it in the context menu would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 3