Redaba

David Sprouse

11 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice work on this one David - I thought it was a good listen throughout.  I thought the ending worked fine - well done.

Hi Douglas, thanks so much for listening!

10 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Very pleasant @David Sprouse, not long enough though, I did enjoy what I heard I just wanted to be greedy and hear some more ;) 

Hi Wookie,  I agree this should be longer.  Thanks for listening!

On 5/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Very nice David but TOO short - i really enjoyed that but like Wookie I wanted more!!!

Cool

Nigel

Nigel, thank you for lending me your ears.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:15 PM, Jesse Screed said:

so see'

I had posted a response earlier

but for some reason it did not stick

what I said was,

it sound like your hands, your ears, and your imagination are having a cup of tea together

Jesse, killer review, thank you!  is TV a portmanteau?

On 5/23/2022 at 4:28 PM, bjornpdx said:

Spanish guitar song but no guitar? Orchestration with the flute is very nice.
I like how you handled the ending with the ascending notes before landing on the final one.
-Bjorn

I should be clearer in the description.  This is a piece by Manuel Moreno-Torroba for solo guitar.  I just arranged it for orchestra. :D

On 5/24/2022 at 8:45 AM, Larry T. said:

great work....compositionally your music always intrigues me as the way you smoothly sonically move from bar to bar with so many instruments is the direction i would like to move towards 🎼👍👍🎶

Thank you Larry.  These were a group of songs called Castles of Spain that Segovia popularized. 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:24 AM, Johnbee58 said:

Very relaxing.  Would work nicely for background music for a narration type of setting.

😀John B

John, thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to listen to my music.

On 5/28/2022 at 2:35 PM, Bapu said:

Nice little piece there David.

JMO, but the flue parts were a bit overbearing (volume wise). I get that it's the "main" instrument but.... 🙂 

Thanks, Bapu.  in orchestras do  they mic certain soloists and sections?  I've always wondered that.  For instance, solo guitar is ofter microphoned for concertos.

David, this really takes me back to my music college days, a time when life was much simpler . . . I just don't listen to classical orchestrations enough these days, and I enjoyed this piece a lot . . . yes, I wanted it to be longer . . . but that's all Torroba wrote I guess. Your mix and rendition are excellent here.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 10:08 PM, noynekker said:

David, this really takes me back to my music college days, a time when life was much simpler . . . I just don't listen to classical orchestrations enough these days, and I enjoyed this piece a lot . . . yes, I wanted it to be longer . . . but that's all Torroba wrote I guess. Your mix and rendition are excellent here.

Thanks Bruce.  I'm more into this type of stuff lately.  OTOH, I'm not much of a film buff, so don't really do film mock-ups.  It's nice having the freedom to write anything and everything one wants.