Full plugin scan : why ?

Zo

Hi amigos !!

Installing new computer stuff , studio one  4.5.6 is set with same options as my desktop ....

But it performs a deep scan everytime i launch it while on mydesktop it's a quik scan (several seconds ) and scan new stuff if present ...

anybody experienced that ?

Thks

Edited by Zo

1 hour ago, Wibbles said:

Sorry to state the obvious, but have you double-checked the Scan Options?

2013033739_VSTSettings.jpg.c7593aa967d24f911ca60a464672548c.jpg

Sorry for not being clear , i m talking studio one , sonar is doing just well and solid as usual ....

2 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Stupid me. I didn't read your post properly. Sorry.

No you did i just edited it , forgot the « one «  near studio lol ...

strange thing is that it s all good on my two windows 8 stuff ...stuff happening on this windows 10 system ...

strange , seems that even NI komplete kontrol and maschine doing it .... something must be wrong in account or some ...

20 hours ago, Zo said:

Hi amigos !!

Installing new computer stuff , studio one  4.5.6 is set with same options as my desktop ....

But it performs a deep scan everytime i launch it while on mydesktop it's a quik scan (several seconds ) and scan new stuff if present ...

anybody experienced that ?

Thks

I don't understand the question/scenario (unless V5 is different than V4). I only have the option to "turn on/off scan at startup".

I know of no option to do a 'new only' scan in Studio One 5. I'd love to have one though.

If I turn off scan and I add a new plugin and then re-start Studio One I don't get a scan and the new plugin is not found.

I do a full scan at startup, and in the course of a day I close and re-open Studio One with some 'reasonable' period of time, a full rescan runs much faster (~15 seconds)  than if I close Studio One and don't reopen it until the next day. Then a full scan takes a fair amount of time (~1 minute).

Edited by Bapu

I'm not totally sure if I am getting what you are saying, I think I am, but try this, go to

C\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One

If you have more that 1 Studio One folder, for different versions etc, make sure you select the correct one.

Inside that folder you will see a folder named x64

Either rename or move, whatever you are comfortable with.

Start Studio One, the first run through will take a fair amount of time as Studio One rebuilds what it needs, but from then on it should do the scans as normal.

If you get paranoid and want to put things back as they were, just delete the new x64 folder, and rename to x64 the folder you renamed earlier or move it back from where ever you put it, which ever you did earlier.

1. C\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One

2. Rename or move folder x64

3. Start Studio One, wait until it rebuilds, it will take a little time. When finished close down.

4. Restart Studio One and see if it is back to normal.

5. If needed or wanted to return to your previous condition, delete new x64 folder, either rename old folder to x64 or move it back, whatever you chose in step 2 above.

Edited by heath row

Thks guyz , to be clear :

First and only version of studio one 

Version 4.5.6

Same version with option scan at start of my two other computer act like supposed  : no deep scan just new registry entry being scanned

This computer (under windows 10 unlike other in windows 10)  for what ever reason scans full deep at first start , any other scan while session never quite , will be as supposed (fast scan) 

If i reboot the comp , it will scan deep again at first start ....guyz i have other 1400 plugins hence my concern  !!! 

6 hours ago, Zo said:

First and only version of studio one ...

... guyz i have other 1400 plugins hence my concern  !!! 

I think Studio One has decided you have too many plugins and is punishing you.

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

Childs play! 🙂 

i'm at 1500 and i said to myself at start" ok this new laptop i'm gonnna install just stuff i need and use "....

No need to say that it was a pathetic attempt lol !!! but still didn't installed some stuff .... and might unsinatll stuff that doesn't resisize ...

Edited by Zo
  • Great Idea 1