"The Clouds of Love"-Original

Johnbee58

It's getting harder for me to turn in a good vocal performance so I bought into the Emvoice One app.  I wrote this song around the female version they call Lucy.

I know it's still a bit robotic but I'm new at it and with practice I should get better.  Some of the online demos I hear sound really good and I hope one day to get that good at it myself.  This is an early attempt for me.  I'll also print the lyrics because some of her upper notes are hard to understand.  If you let the SC play you will hear the first project I made with the male singer, Jay using Reason 12.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14434016

When the words have all been said
and you need to touch me
Hold me closer. Do not rush
We have so much time to linger
When your heart has found my soul
we will be sing one voice
Hold me just as tight as you can
Tight as your arms can hold me now.

We have known each other for so long
Have so much love between us
We have come through so many storms
Weathering all the times together
Charming times you hold my heart
I will always trust you
You have such a way with your touch
Moving me through the clouds of love

When you put your arms around me
a new world is born
streams of love flow whisper so low
of devotion you bring to me

We have reached what so many longed for
through fair and stormy weather
I could not ask for a better love
Clouds of love will hover over
Every time you look my way angels will be smiling
I can follow you with my heart
Leading to the clouds of love

Holding me through the clouds of love

c 2022 John Bowen

🙂John B

• Like 2

Interesting stuff with the synth vocals.
Looks like you used EZD 3 on this one? (Blood credited EZD 2)

If I was singing Clouds I would do a little editing on the lyrics.
Often the "prose" gets in the way of the "meter".
I always end up striping lyrics from my collaborators work,
reminding him "we're not writing War and Peace here."

👍's

t

Blood on the Sun is begging for some heavily distorted guitars.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

If I was singing Clouds I would do a little editing on the lyrics.

Often the "prose" gets in the way of the "meter".

👍's

t

Thanks, Tom.   In all due respect, I don't quite understand what you mean here. Could you please clarify it a bit so I can work to improve it?🙂  It is EZD3.  I got it on its launch day (May 3).  The new Bandmate feature gave me the main beat for Clouds but kept crashing on subsequent ones so I had to "shop around" for them myself.  Maybe a bug problem.  I guess I should tell Toontrack about it.

As far BOTS, that is EZD2.  I couldn't use 3 on it because Reason 12 doesn't support VST3 yet (they say maybe this summer). You're probably referring to the "lead guitar" on the bridge, right?  It's from a sampler in Reason 12.  Not the best, I agree. Some kind soul over at the Reason Talk forum sent me a Combinator patch he created of a Strat.  I tried it but couldn't produce the legato I  wanted.  Thanks for your feedback.

🙂JB

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Bandmate feature gave me the main beat for Clouds but kept crashing on

I've had no issues (yet?) with EZD 3. Typically I am dropping EZKeys into EZBass; but I have used Bandmate to "start" some drum tracks.
I'm working to get a little more "click" in the kick (I like a little "beater" to better define the kick; I have the Pop/Rock kick pretty well
"dialed in" in EZD2, but there's too much bleed if I sub it into the EZD 3 kit).
Also, the snare has a bit (maybe more than a bit) of "ring" to it than I like. Toon seems to love the "ringy" snares.
To my ear the snare should "crack" (like a horsehide ball coming off of a Louisville Slugger), not a "doink" (like a rubber coated ball
coming off an aluminum bat). Maybe a bad explanation, but I hope you (vous) get my meaning...

4 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

referring to the "lead guitar" on the bridge, right?

Not really, I think the whole track; I think I could whip up a "heavy" rhythm track muy pronto; then a solo lead (with a little effort).
Maybe even a run at the vox...

t

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I've had no issues (yet?) with EZD 3. Typically I am dropping EZKeys into EZBass; but I have used Bandmate to "start" some drum tracks.
I'm working to get a little more "click" in the kick (I like a little "beater" to better define the kick; I have the Pop/Rock kick pretty well
"dialed in" in EZD2, but there's too much bleed if I sub it into the EZD 3 kit).
Also, the snare has a bit (maybe more than a bit) of "ring" to it than I like. Toon seems to love the "ringy" snares.
To my ear the snare should "crack" (like a horsehide ball coming off of a Louisville Slugger), not a "doink" (like a rubber coated ball
coming off an aluminum bat). Maybe a bad explanation, but I hope you (vous) get my meaning...

Not really, I think the whole track; I think I could whip up a "heavy" rhythm track muy pronto; then a solo lead (with a little effort).
Maybe even a run at the vox...

t

Have you demoed the Jazz EZX yet?  That snare's a little "ringy" too but it has a unique quality especially with the thick rim.  BOTS was just a little experiment because I was re learning Reason (12 up from 7) and at the same time I was also learning the Emvoice thing.  I got this little synth groove from a default setting in a synth called the Europa Shapeshifting Synth doing an E, F, E, B-E,F, E,D,C etc and I thought it sounded kinda creepy so I developed it further. I never meant it to be a serious song, just a learning/practice thing.  But I could imagine it as a "death metal" thing with a grinding guitar playing that synth line.  If anybody wants to give it a go with that, have at it.  The Reason Talk forum guys were griping about the "guitar" lead playing on the piano-strings-bridge.  I like it cos it sounds majestic, but I never really liked the release on it.  There's a lot about Reason I need to learn yet.  I love the program.  It's a virtual toybox of music stuff.

😀John B

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I think you have a good song here, but to me the drum track isn't quite in the groove - if that makes sense.  But overall, this is a good song that demonstrates your style of composing quite well.

Thanks for listening, @Douglas Kirby.  Do you find it a poorly matched groove, or do you find its out of time?  EZD3s Bandmate feature suggested it.  To be honest, I don't what kind of groove it is.  I just kinda threw the keyboard MIDI in there and that's what it kicked out.  Seemed OK to me, though I was thinking it would give me a slower ballad at the time.

😀John B

Edited by Johnbee58

16 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Thanks for listening, @Douglas Kirby.  Do you find it a poorly matched groove, or do you find its out of time?  EZD3s Bandmate feature suggested it.  To be honest, I don't what kind of groove it is.  I just kinda threw the keyboard MIDI in there and that's what it kicked out.  Seemed OK to me, though I was thinking it would give me a slower ballad at the time.

😀John B

I thought the groove wasn't quite "in the pocket" - so to speak.  But it's not bad - just seems a bit off, especially early on in the song.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

a very interesting use of the vocal synth - probably one of the best I've heard - when they first came out they were very poor I thought - clearly they have improved

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel.  Yes, much better than Vocaloid and less expensive.

🙂John B