Melodyne workflow

The current melodyne is different from the old one I had with sonar and I find the split screen harder to work with. Also I used to edit my vocal in one long clip but I know now that people split them into many different clips to eliminate noise in between. But how do I use melodyne without creating a new region effect for every clip? That seems too laborious. Any links or suggestions you could point out are appreciated. Thank you

3 hours ago, charles kasler said:

The current melodyne is different from the old one I had with sonar and I find the split screen harder to work with. Also I used to edit my vocal in one long clip but I know now that people split them into many different clips to eliminate noise in between. But how do I use melodyne without creating a new region effect for every clip? That seems too laborious. Any links or suggestions you could point out are appreciated. Thank you

It's very easy in fact:

1. Select the whole track you want to edit in Melodyne (it can be even a comp track including the selected clips, if your workflow includes it)
  2. Apply effect region 
  3. Melodyne creates a composite region track of all clips (first it will bounce all audio in the background)
  4. Edit your vocal (if you want-need), just erase the silent spaces or noises in between
  5. When you are done, render the whole track fx region

On 5/16/2022 at 6:16 PM, Terry Kelley said:

You might want to post this on the Celemony/Melodyne forum.

I don't think Celemony/Melodyne has a forum...

I think a lot of hate was spewed there with the anti-autotune folks, so they shut it down. (just a guess)

But you can email Melodyne directly and they are very nice to respond within a few hours to a day.

The new Melodyne is much better than the old one.

I rarely have multiple Melodyne instances within the same track.

I just comp whatever takes I want and then delete the muted takes and then apply Melodyne to the whole track.

The multiple Melodyne tracks in one view is sure helpful in aligning tracks.

Make sure your takes do not overlap.

I never bounce/freeze my Melodyne tracks, I just leave Melodyne on them through the final render.

I am always going back and tweaking things.

https://www.celemony.com/en/help/forum

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, charles kasler said:

I use melodyne a lot. I would not say I use it in small clips to eliminate noise in between clips. I do sometimes use it on an entire bass track or lead guitar track without any problems. Most often I will use smaller clips on vocal tracks since not every section needs it. I'm not sure what you mean by the split screen? I always make it full screen when using it. So you can try using long clips and see how it goes. It normally goes ok for me.