IK Surprise Promo - Amplitube 5

cclarry

1 hour ago, filo said:

Anybody knows if there was any good deal ($60 max) for upgrade from SE to AT5 in the past? 

IK doesn't offer upgrades like other companies.  If you've purchased a product that retails for $99 or more, then you can get the crossgrade pricing. With this current promotion, you can redeem up to 30% of the price with Jam Points, which would mean you pay $69.

The best deal is when it's offered via the group buy, in which case you buy a qualifying item and get X items free (though to get AT5, you'd have to buy in at a higher price).

Is there a specific reason you want AT5?  With AT5 SE and specific collections, you can get the better amps than ones built into AT5 (like Fender 1 & 2 and Slash - Marshall).

1 hour ago, ALC said:

Is there a specific reason you want AT5?  With AT5 SE and specific collections, you can get the better amps than ones built into AT5 (like Fender 1 & 2 and Slash - Marshall).

I jumped into the IKM train during their last Group Buy but I made a stupid mistake - instead of buying AT5 and smaller amount of collections I decided to "save" my money and bought AT5 SE and all collections. Point is I didn't realize that AT5 SE + all collections are not equal to AT5 MAX or even AT5.  There are amps like e.g. Silver Jubilee which I can't buy in Custom Shop.  In fact I would like to get Silver Jubilee and PRS Archon so that's why $60 would be acceptable upgrade price for me. Just GAS, you know ;)

Edited by filo

10 hours ago, ALC said:

With AT5 SE and specific collections, you can get the better amps than ones built into AT5 (like Fender 1 & 2 and Slash - Marshall).

AT5 CS or SE does not include the VIR enhanced speaker and cabinet modeling. You need AT5 SE, Standard or MAX to get that. The AT5 collections should work without that feature.

Edit: to correct SE version.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, filo said:

I jumped into the IKM train during their last Group Buy but I made a stupid mistake - instead of buying AT5 and smaller amount of collections I decided to "save" my money and bought AT5 SE and all collections. Point is I didn't realize that AT5 SE + all collections are not equal to AT5 MAX or even AT5.  There are amps like e.g. Silver Jubilee which I can't buy in Custom Shop.  In fact I would like to get Silver Jubilee and PRS Archon so that's why $60 would be acceptable upgrade price for me. Just GAS, you know ;)

Ah, I see.  That is true.

There's a pretty good list of amps not in AT5 SE (pulling from the spreadsheet I made for the group buy) ... * = new in AmpliTube 5:

• Brit Silver: Based on Marshall® Jubilee™ head
  • Brit Valve Pre: Based on Marshall® JMP-1™ tube preamp
  • British Blue Tube 30TB: Based on Vox® AC30 - Blue Panel
  • British Tube Lead 2: Based on Marshall® JCM900™ head
  • Custom Modern Hi-Gain: Modern Hi-Gain AmpliTube model
  • Custom Solid State Clean: Solid State Clean AmpliTube model
  • Custom Solid State Fuzz: Solid State Fuzz AmpliTube model
  • Custom Solid State Lead: Solid State Lead AmpliTube model
  • German 34: Based on Bogner Ecstasy XTC 3534 *
  • Green BA250: Based on Trace Elliot® AH250 Head
  • Metal Clean T: Based on Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier - Green Channel
  • Metal Lead T: Based on Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier - Red Channel
  • MiniPlex 20: Based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20 *
  • Modern Tube Lead: Based on Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®
  • New York B750: Based on Aguilar DB750 *
  • Red Pig: Based on Marshall® Major™ head
  • SilverPlate 50: Based on PRS Archon 50 *
  • Tube Vintage Combo: Based on Supro® '50s
  • VHandcraft 4: Based on Diezel VH4 *
  • Vintage Metal Lead: Based on Marshall® JMP100 Head

And stomps:

• 10 Band Graphic: A 10 band graphic EQ stomp effect
  • Acoustic Sim: Acoustic simulator stomp effect
  • AmpLess: Tech 21® Sansamp™ *
  • Analog Flanger: Boss® BF-2™ Flanger
  • Big Pig: Electro Harmonix® Big Muff Pi™
  • Chorus-1: Boss® CE-1™ Chorus
  • Crusher: Digital distortion pedal
  • Dcomp: MXR® Dynacomp™
  • Distortion: BOSS® DS-1™ Distortion
  • EchoMan: Electro Harmonix® Memory Man™
  • Electric Flanger: Electro-Harmonix® Electric Mistress™
  • Envelope Filter: Advanced filter effect
  • Metal Distortion: BOSS® MT-2™ Metal Zone
  • Metal Distortion 2: BOSS® HM-2™ Heavy Metal
  • Metal Flanger: MXR® Flanger 117
  • Octav: BOSS® OC-2™ Octaver
  • Overdrive: BOSS® SD-1™ Super OverDrive
  • Phaze Nine: MXR® Phase 90™
  • Pitch Shifter: This effect shifts the pitch of the incoming signal
  • PROdrive: Pro Co RAT™ Distortion
  • Small Phazer: Electro-Harmonix® Small Stone™
  • TapDelay: Creative delay effect unit
  • VariDiode+: MXR® Distortion+ with interchangeable diodes *
  • Wah 10: Ibanez® WH-10™
  • Wah 47: VOX® Wah V847™
  • Wharmonator: Digitech® Wahmmy™ WH-1

AT5 SE has the basic stuff that I use (with the amps in the collections), but it is nice to have the above to try.  You do get quite a bit.  I can relate with the GAS/FOMO--I got everything from the GB.

Actually, looking at the above, I think getting AT5 is more compelling for the stomps.

If you're willing to go outside the AmpliTube, you can get Softube Silver Jubilee (can get it pretty cheap since it's a bundled giveaway) and Waves PRS SuperModels (for the Archon).

Addendum: noted which amps and stomps are new.  Apparently all new ones are in AT5 but not in AT5 SE.

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

AT5 CS or SE does not include the enhanced speaker and cabinet modeling. You need AT5 Standard or MAX to get that. The AT5 collections should work without that feature.

You're correct that AT5 CS does not have VIR™ cabinet technology, but AT5 SE does have it.

Check the comparison chart: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ALC said:

You're correct that AT5 CS does not have VIR™ cabinet technology, but AT5 SE does have it.

Yup, as an "owner" of Total Studio MAX 2 which included Amplitube 4 MAX, I remember being confused (along with many others here) about the VIR Technology issue when AT5 came out.  IK was kind enough to give me Amplitube 5 SE and therefore I got the VIR Technology for out AT4 gear as well as for new gear in AT 5 SE. 

I don't remember who else would have gotten Amplitube 5 SE at the time, but other "owners" of AT4 might want to check the website under My Products to see if they also got AT5 SE. 

Edited by User 905133
to change we/us to me/I because I am unsure if everyone got AT5 SE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ALC said:

There's a pretty good list of amps not in AT5 SE (pulling from the spreadsheet I made for the group buy) ... * = new in AmpliTube 5

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

so during this promo the only way to go lower than that would be to use JamPoints which could take it down to 69.99.

I've spent some time to check all amps listed above and I'm in. 

Thank you both!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Yup, as an "owner" of Total Studio MAX 2 which included Amplitube 4 MAX, I remember being confused (along with many others here) about the VIR Technology issue when AT5 came out.  IK was kind enough to give me Amplitube 5 SE and therefore I got the VIR Technology for out AT4 gear as well as for new gear in AT 5 SE. 

I don't remember who else would have gotten Amplitube 5 SE at the time, but other "owners" of AT4 might want to check the website under My Products to see if they also got AT5 SE. 

I had Amplitube 4 Total Studio MAX 2, and upgraded to AT5 SE during the group buy last year, with 150 discounted Gear Credits. That got me an entry in the GB at the $150 level, so then I basically got every collection and device available in AT5 MAX as a freebie... :)

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, filo said:

I've spent some time to check all amps listed above and I'm in. 

Thank you both!

Great!  Also note that the offer IK Support was making for the 99.99 SE upgrade was using a coupon so with this promo you can do even better with JamPoints as I mentioned (since coupons and JamPoints can't be combined).

Also, not to be too much of a salesman but with AmpliTube 5 you do get some really cool new gear, some of these amps are sleepers:

EDIT - Never mind, it was SE-->5 where you DO get these amps but I'll leave it up as I'm not ashamed of the mistake and the video is cool anyway and could be useful for others :D

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

and the video is cool anyway and could be useful for others :D

And it could be even more useful if there was a download link for used presets there.

"SILVERPLATE R",  "SILVERPLATE CLEAN",  "SILVERPLATE RIFF2",  "GERMAN 34",  "GERMAN 34 CRUNCH",  "VHandcraft 4 R",  "DIEZEL CLEAN 7STRING", "DIEZEL RIFF", "MINIPLEX 4",  "MINIPLEX 2", "MINIPLEX 7 mr"

I didn't find any of them even in the ToneNet database  ... any chance to get them somewhere?

7 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I will have to relay your request in the mean time.

Thank you! It is not just for me there are several asks in the video discussion.

7 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Those were just examples used by the video creator for the sake of the video. 

Yes, but these "just examples" sound great ;)