Waves Introduce Bass Fingers!

cclarry

19 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Modo Bass sounds great but uses way too much CPU.

MODO BASS takes 0.5 - 1% CPU on my Windows 10 [edit - tablet, technically - Surface Pro 4  i5 weakling] machine which is not at all optimized for audio.  0.2 - 0.5% on my monster gaming machine.  Not at my studio machine but from memory the results were in between the two as my studio machine is older than the gaming unit at this time.

I'd report this issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fret_man said:

How does it compares to Modo Bass?

The single quote in the thread I could understand best... ;) Anybody?

EDIT: Oops! didn't see the further responses. Thx anyway.

Edited by chris.r

27 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

I listened to the demos when I saw the email.  I thought they did not sound good. Very synthetic.

I was afraid I am alone here not really impressed with sounds in demo :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I listened to the demos when I saw the email.  I thought they did not sound good. Very synthetic.

wow I just listened to the demo as well - it sounds dreadful. That's a good thing for me as I stopped buying Waves stuff because of WUP quite a few years ago, so now I wont be tempted to go back!!

Nigel

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

FINGERSTYLE BASS WITH ALL THE NUANCE OF A REAL PLAYER. 

Creating realistic MIDI bass lines is more than just notes. You want the expressiveness, the touch of strings hitting the frets, and all the goodness that happens in-between the notes. 

It sounds great.

• Like 1

I bought it in a moment of weakness but I don't have any regrets for twenty quid. Downside is the long sample load time, I may install the smaller sample set too and use this for initial work. It sound pretty good to me clean, some of the heavily effected presets are not to my taste and I think this is where some of the artificial sounding stuff comes from.

It will not push Orange Tree's Flat Wound, Round Wound and Rick off my favorite spots but it expands the pallet a bit.

Edited by Glyn Barnes
  • Like 2

It has some pretty decent flexibility in tonality but as far as I can see there is no way to palm mute individual note positions. It can mute each individual string but it appears to do that as an open string mute only.  Keyswitches can change how the string is played but nothing as yet has made a satisfying palm mute sound. If I've missed this glaring feature someone please school me up?

I have also found that I need to change the legato mode and turn the rotary on the guitar towards 'release' for faster playing. 

If you already have Modo, this likely won't do anything for you. 

That being said, if Waves were to perhaps add some palm mutes and a staccato mode, it would put it higher up there in usability.  But as it stands this plug has some nice thick bass sounds that I would rate as: usable enough for 20 bucks! 😎 Though the HD is definitely better than SD. I have found that in the SD version, the additional noises like fret buzz and string rattle, sound a bit over-pronounced and fake.

4 hours ago, Glyn Barnes said:

It sound pretty good to me clean, some of the heavily effected presets are not to my taste and I think this is where some of the artificial sounding stuff comes from.

Thanks, yeah I was suspecting that the issue might be coming from the fx.

4 hours ago, Glyn Barnes said:

It will not push Orange Tree's Flat Wound, Round Wound and Rick off my favorite spots but it expands the pallet a bit.

Good to hear, Evolution Roundwound is the most impressive bass plugin I ever heard, wondering how MODO compares to it in that regard (Fender Jazz Bass roundwound strings sound).

Edited by chris.r

On 6/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, Onovoid said:

Modo Bass doesn’t use samples.  It sound amazing! 

Goodbye WUP and Samples of bulky capacity

Modo Bass is 5x more expensive right now.  It's in my shopping list since it was released but never saw it for a decent price. Also, WUP is not mandatory. I'll stick with Waves by now.

• Like 2

I'll be the first to admit that 14gb for a sample library is really getting up there. And for $29? How good could it be?

I went for it and am glad I did. It's not bad at all and I can see some use coming out of this one. But for my tastes I dialed the velocity down to 4-5. to me it wasn't as aggressive. But if you want that, it's there to use.

And WUP ain't that bad. You want it? Get it. You don't want it? No problem. Your plugins still work till the cows come home.

• Like 4