Eastwest Opus 1.2 VST 2 Support

Hello Cakewalk friends -

After updating the Opus engine to 1.2, Cakewalk is no longer able to load the VST2.4 version of Opus.dll. I validated that the files are where they should be (Opus.dll in c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins and Opus.vst3 in c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3). Both directories are includ3ed in the VST scan path, and I've unchecked the options for 'Hide Related VST2 Plug-Ins' and 'Replace If Possible on Project Load'.

Both versions show up in the VstScan.log (attached), but only the VST3 shows up as a valid instrument in the Plugin tab.

The real problem is that I have dozens of projects that used the older VST2 version of the Opus engine, and these tracks no longer load at all. There is no indication of which of the EastWest Composer Cloud sounds that are attached to the track.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Opus software at EastWest's request, but nothing seems to have changed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Cakewalk Version 2022.02 (Build 039, 64-bit).

Thank you,

-Eric

VstScan.log

I resolved my own issue, and thought that I'd post the solution: I moved the Opus.dll and Opus.res files from c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins to c:\program files\vstplugins and forced a rescan. It 'found' the VST2.4 version and loads the tracks now.

I'm not a big fan of moving around files after an installation, but this seemed to do the trick.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting in that I have the exact same problem.  Except your fix doesn't fix it for me.  What is the path order for your scan search?  Any other clues, all I can think of is maybe it's loading the vst3 version first and thinks it's done the job?  When we used a VST2?  Not happy about it and will have to resort to using snipping tool in the future as you point out, there is not an easy way to know what configurations are lost when it doesn't load.

Thanks for your post.
-rich

Edited by xxrich