The Little Things That Make Us Temporarily Happy

Tim Smith

33 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Many of my gig clients pay in cash. I also keep an old-fashioned receipt book with me.

I wouldn't put a bank app on my phone. IMO, too dangerous. Hackers, pickpockets, or whatever. If someone gets my phone, they get nothing of value. I also run a business, so none of my Band-in-a-Box customers are on my phone.

I knew a friend that had his phone hacked years ago. It took him months to get everything straightened out. Knowing that guy, I don't think he was careless about how he used us phone.

So I choose the ounce of prevention.

I like technology, but I use it judiciously.

BTW, getting in the faster lane in the grocery store is a similar joy. I also do not use the self-checkout. If I'm going to do the work so that they can hire fewer employees, they need to give me a discount.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Not in disagreement here. Tech can be hacked and there is some risk involved with all of it. Having the latest version of Android helps.  Shutting down "snooper apps" or apps that open us up to vulnerabilities helps. I only do my banking on the phone at home under a protected wifi router.

My phone requires both a 4 digit pass code and finger print recognition to let anyone into it. In addition my banking app is pass word protected, so we are going to need a crook with inside knowledge. IOW from somewhere besides my phone or he won't get in. It isn't impossible though.

33 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Driving down US1 and getting 3 or 4 green traffic lights in a row

I hear ya there. I have dreams of owning a flying car, but then everyone else would have a flying car too which sort of defeats the purpose.;)

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Speaking of ground breaking technological advances . I  Love the  Mute button on my Televisions remote control  ;)

Kenny

It would be nice if they made this for some people. A reset button would be helpful too. Did i just say that?

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

It would be nice if they made this for some people. A reset button would be helpful too. Did i just say that?

The Movie Click with Adam Sandler  has a story line like that ..I loved that movie .  It even gave me a lump in my throat .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

For some people I want the remote to shut them down and let me throw away the remote :D 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wibbles said:

It amuses me how America can't get its head around the single-queue (single-line, if you must) system.

One lane, two tellers - you are NEVER in the slow lane. 

OK, you are never in the fast lane either, but at least you aren't stressing about it ... which pretty much sums up my approach to life. 

Ettore's Law: The other line always moves faster.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wibbles said:

It amuses me how America can't get its head around the single-queue (single-line, if you must) system.

One lane, two tellers - you are NEVER in the slow lane. 

15 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Ettore's Law: The other line always moves faster.

Point proven I think. :D

Edited by Wibbles

8 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

The Movie Click with Adam Sandler  has a story line like that ..I loved that movie .  It even gave me a lump in my throat .

Kenny

I really liked this one too, though they probably didn't need some of the trash humor.

Oh, and I will never understand why anyone would want to fast-forward while having s ex with Kate Beckinsale!  

Doh-Really-HeadShake.gif

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CoveCamper said:

Sounds like Milo took Kenny to the park and played fetch! 😀

That is no game of fetch .That is my dog Milo taunting and mocking me while showing me at every opportunity he can that Ole Kenny is not the boss of him .

Notice how he proudly prances like a dancing pony bobbing his head  up and down while shaking his head side to side as he approaches . Then he runs 40 yards at a break neck speed just to prove to me that I'm a slow old human 😇....

I love it 😄 If I can get to the point where I can keep up with him . Milo may whip me into shape and make me feel  like I was young again .

all the best

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1