The Little Things That Make Us Temporarily Happy

Tim Smith

Oh man.

The last time I bought chocolate I thought it was going to be good. It was 99%cocoa. 

Nope. It tasted like a block of unsweetened chocolate because that's what it was. Hershey moved their production to Mexico and that chocolate isn't as good any more. I think German chocolate is where it's at. JMO.

Coffee? Say no more. 

Becan? No one around here cares much for it. * ducks and runs*.

8 hours ago, craigb said:

I've only had time to watch three games this year and all three were Pittsburgh managing to lose a series they had well in hand!

..while playing their third string goalie and dealing with a lovely string of injuries. If Crosby didn't get hurt, the Pens win in six....

Regardless, I thought the Pens turned in a gutsy performance. 

Edited by Amicus717

10 hours ago, Rain said:

I tried to believe this year would be different, but it's not easy. To make it even worse, they lost to the one team in the NHL that I truly hate.

^^^ This...

Which brings me to the other things that makes me temporarily happy: bourbon...

Sigh...

• Haha 1

a very large and a very strong cappuccino first thing in the morning to get the old brain cells working

having a good idea about a new song and actually getting it recorded before i forget it.......

after a long day, my first cigar, preferably with a glass of Red Wine

finishing the latest music project - especially the one I am working on at the moment (our new album) which has been horrendously delayed because of the big C and the  travel restrictions brought in because of the Big C...........

a good long swim 

winning at Squash!

Dancing (badly) to Soca Music (preferably when drunk)

Carnival

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Oatmeal pies, corned beef hash with scambled eggs, steak on the grill, sardines, brussels sprouts, lima beans, red beet eggs

Not always all of it together.

Good thing it's not always all  together at one time .

Your butt-hole would be tooting it's all time greatest hits with a rather suspicious cornucopia of mixed aromas .

Kenny

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Getting in the faster lane at the drive in teller.

This might interest you. I know you're a tech guy and a musician.

I have an app for my bank in my phone. When I get a check. I take a pic of it and send it to the bank using only my phone. The check feature is a part of the app. If the pic is out of focus, the app won't accept it until the pic is taken right. Phones with decent cameras fare better. I have a close up feature on my phone that works well for check deposits.

Because if you're anything like me and there are two lanes at the bank. I am ALWAYS in the slow lane.

Obviously it doesn't work for cash. Cash? What's that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Because if you're anything like me and there are two lanes at the bank. I am ALWAYS in the slow lane.

It amuses me how America can't get its head around the single-queue (single-line, if you must) system.

One lane, two tellers - you are NEVER in the slow lane. 

OK, you are never in the fast lane either, but at least you aren't stressing about it ... which pretty much sums up my approach to life. 

• Like 1

My 'sense of right' always gets to me when a person who has been waiting in line is passed up by a person who jumps ahead. In my thinking everyone should be waited on in the order they came in. This routinely does not happen.

You are right. One lane takes the stress out of it. 

With my banking app I no longer need to worry about it-

One thing I like. The banking app. No lines.👍

11 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

This might interest you. I know you're a tech guy and a musician.

I have an app for my bank in my phone. When I get a check. I take a pic of it and send it to the bank using only my phone. The check feature is a part of the app. If the pic is out of focus, the app won't accept it until the pic is taken right. Phones with decent cameras fare better. I have a close up feature on my phone that works well for check deposits.

Obviously it doesn't work for cash. Cash? What's that?

Many of my gig clients pay in cash. I also keep an old-fashioned receipt book with me.

I wouldn't put a bank app on my phone. IMO, too dangerous. Hackers, pickpockets, or whatever. If someone gets my phone, they get nothing of value. I also run a business, so none of my Band-in-a-Box customers are on my phone.

I knew a friend that had his phone hacked years ago. It took him months to get everything straightened out. Knowing that guy, I don't think he was careless about how he used us phone.

So I choose the ounce of prevention.

I like technology, but I use it judiciously.

BTW, getting in the faster lane in the grocery store is a similar joy. I also do not use the self-checkout. If I'm going to do the work so that they can hire fewer employees, they need to give me a discount.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

• Like 2