I Think There's Something Wrong With Me

Tim Smith

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

I'm probably pulling the guys down over on the deals thread.

Everything seems to be Meh meh meh.

everyone else is like " LOOK AT THAT" and I'm just like meh.

I was in the process of a meh and hurt myself in the process. I suddenly let out a MEHOW. 

I think I friended a couple of cats.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

I don't get as excited about plugins anymore.

I don't either. My purchasing of them has gone down drastically in the last year.

I don't see that changing anytime soon... if ever. 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 4

There is some really good stuff that has come out in the last 4 ~ 5 years. AI is going to change everything. I couldn't live without Ozone 9 Advanced now. Although, my interest in recording is really waning especially as my audience grows smaller with each passing day while also trying to protect the damaged hearing I have left. I can't imagine ever buying another new plugin. If I do it will probably be to upgrade to an even more advanced version of O9A to rehash past bad mixes and masters. The events of the last couple of years have sucked whatever spark I had left right out of me.

And besides, how many compressors, EQ's, chorus, delay, reverb, can you have? To this day Sonitus is still one of my favorite suite of plugins. And some of the really old DX stuff that used to come with Cakewalk. I'd like to see the GUI's updated to be modern and work well, but that would come at the cost of revamping them all and losing what makes them sound good to begin with probably. The Sonitus Reverb and Comp are excellent IMO. The only thing that worked better than the Sonitus EQ in my opinion didn't come along until Melda's Auto Dynamic EQ. I could do anything I ever needed with S-EQ. S-Reverb is still to this day my favorite, but it's very unstable now and can't be used outside of CbB. At least not stably IME.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Grem said:

I don't either. My purchasing of them has gone down drastically in the last year.

I don't see that changing anytime soon... if ever. 

You probably own most all of them maybe? It's kinds hard to buy something when you own all of it already.

Of course there is the next version to get all excited about. LOOK! They added a new skin to it. Now we can use COLORS. Oh, and there's new knobs. I don't know what they do but they sure do look purdy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

You probably own most all of them maybe? It's kinds hard to buy something when you own all of it already.

No, not all. Not even in the same ballpark as Bapu!!

But I do have a lot. I also now own an UA Apollo that has some really great sounding plugins.

Most of the time I use the UAD stuff, Waves, Plugin Alliance, and of course,  IK stuff.

Don't have all the UAD stuff, but I got all I want. Got a lot of PA and IK stuff!! Almost all the Waves stuff too. 

But I have no Slate, McDSP, Softube, and others like those.

There is a lot I don't have. I am just happy with what I do have.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

So why do we still check the Deals forum twice a day?

'cause when you click the Unread Content link, 90% of the posts are on the deals forum, and the remaining 10% about problems with onboard laptop audio and TTS-1 are not interesting. At least, that's my excuse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

To this day Sonitus is still one of my favorite suite of plugins. And some of the really old DX stuff that used to come with Cakewalk.

I must have a dozen or more purchased  reverbs at my disposal but still insert Lexicon Pantheon first. 

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

'cause when you click the Unread Content link, 90% of the posts are on the deals forum, and the remaining 10% about problems with onboard laptop audio and TTS-1 are not interesting. At least, that's my excuse.

I may not get as excited about plugins, but I would miss going to look at the deals forum just in case I might get exited. 

I could play peanut gallery over there and really PO plug in vendors, but that isn't really my style........or is it?

What they say- " If you can't say anything good then don't say anything at all".  I guess it all depends. I wish someone would have sat me down and talked to me about my ex. It wouldn't have been good news. It would have saved me a lot of grief.

We have plenty telling everyone how wonderful all of these instruments and plugins are. Maybe I could be the dark side? I'll need a partner though........wait! my phone just rang. Just heavy breathing and a click.

muppets02.0.jpg

Edited by Tim Smith