Cakewalk freezes video and audio of other software

Torbjörn Lundberg

Question

Hey!
I'm a fairly new user of Cakewalk, but have experience from other DAWs.

I have some problems with the software.
Since I'm new to this, I want to watch video tutorials to learn. I found the setting to drop the priority Cakewalk takes over other programs.
For me, it does not help. There is no sound from e.g. youtube.com, the video does not move either.
Everything stand and buffers.
It doesn't help closing Cakewalk to be able to watch a youtube video. I need to restart my PC.  
If this cant't be solved I probably need to buy me a version of another DAW.  :(

Is there a solution?
Anyone else  with this issue?
Anything that I've missed?

I have also noticed that the CW in some contexts locks the possibility of starting other programs.
My computer is hopefully fast enough:

Windows 11 (up to date, swedish version) 
Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 6 cores, 12 logic processors
Installed physical memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
25 GB SSD disk
Presonus AudioBox iTwo

Picture 1: Playback and recording from Cakewalk
Picture 2: The buffer symbol indicating nothing is happening: 

Thanks you for helping

Torbjörn

CW 1.jpg

CW 2.jpg

Edited by Torbjörn Lundberg

4 answers to this question

Your issue is probably  related to how your audio interface ASIO drivers handle switching sample rates and other details.
Example is my Focusrite interface has always worked no matter what I do it plays the audio from different apps and the internet even with Cakewalk open.

My Motu interface doesn’t like sharing. It seems mostly to do with sample rate. So I have started using only 48 hz and for the most part, I have fewer issues,  but it doesn’t work as smoothly as the Focusrite.

Watch tutorial #1 and see if some  of those settings help. 

Edited by John Vere

31 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Your issue is probably  related to how your audio interface ASIO drivers handle switching sample rates and other details.
Example is my Focusrite interface has always worked no matter what I do it plays the audio from different apps and the internet even with Cakewalk open.

My Motu interface doesn’t like sharing. It seems mostly to do with sample rate. So I have started using only 48 hz and for the most part, I have fewer issues,  but it doesn’t work as smoothly as the Focusrite.

Watch tutorial #1 and see if some  of those settings help. 

Nice! I will sure watch that.

Hope it helps 

Torbjörn 

Yes I found that if I set the sample rate the same in every setting location Windows , Cakewalk etc it seems to work better. For me that’s 48 because video is 48. It’s better quality anyhow and i convert all my projects to that format if I open older files. 

Edited by John Vere