Kilohearts v2 under embargo

Fleer

Key Updates
Below you will find more details on some of the most important aspects of this update.
Multipass and Snap Heap get the full Kilohearts Modulation System
Those familiar with Phase Plant will already be aware of the power and flexibility of the Phase Plant modulation section, which allows you to combine and connect as many modulators as you need. The modular effects building machines, Snap Heap and Multipass, were previously limited to just a handful of modulation options but that has all changed with the release of Kilohearts v2, which has kitted them out with the full Kilohearts Modulation System
This opens up whole universes of new creative possibilities for creating dynamic, evolving, responsive, or chaotic modular effects within these already super-useful Snapin Hosts.

New Modulators
Curve
MSEGs done the Kilohearts way.
The Curve modulator allows you to draw detailed modulation shapes of any length with the option to set and modulate loop points with a selection of loop modes. Use Curve for long slow changes, extended complex modulations, or unique envelopes with custom loops and tails.
LFO Table
Cycle through 256 LFO shapes in one modulator.
  LFO Tables are LFOs that load wavetables. This original and unique module opens up a swathe of possibilities for rhythm and pitch modulation. When combined with the Random modulator, LFO Tables are incredibly powerful for crafting evolving generative patterns.

Remap
Map incoming values to whatever output values you need with custom remap shapes.
Ultimate precision control over output values from any input. Great for locking pitch values to specific note frequencies, among other things.
Sample & Hold + Audio Follower + Pitch Track
Handy modulation utilities that convert incoming signals into modulation values.
These utilities were previously only available in Snap Heap and Multipass but have been updated to be a part of the Kilohearts Modulation System. Sample and Hold can be used to grab input values when triggered, the Audio Follower will track the amplitude of an incoming signal and use it to modulate whatever you desire, and the Pitch Tracker will do the same for pitch.
New Functionality
● Modulator Triggers - kick off an envelope, LFO, or curve when the incoming value reaches a specified threshold
● MPE Support - Use any MPE controller to add expressive dimensions to your performance
● LFO rates can now go way slower. All the way to 0Hz, in fact.
● External Automation for any parameter - Link up to 64 external automation sources
directly to almost any parameter

Workflow Improvements
● Improved visualisation of modulation connections - see exactly what is connected to what immediately with just a mouse-hover
● Updated modulation target menu - clearer values and a quick remap curve
● Effects Groups - Combine multiple Snapins into groups to quickly move and copy them
● Modulator Groups - Do the same for modulators
● Various bugfixes and optimisations
● Slightly different colours...!
Free for All Users
This is a free update available for all users and all they need to do is run the Kilohearts Installer and update to start using Kilohearts v2 immediately.
And don’t think this is the end... Kilohearts have lots more planned for future updates. If there was something you were hoping for that hasn’t been added yet, watch this space!
Download Screenshots: https://kilohearts.com/files/press/Kilohearts_v2_Screenshots.zip

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Key Updates
Free for All Users
This is a free update available for all users and all they need to do is run the Kilohearts Installer and update to start using Kilohearts v2 immediately.
And don’t think this is the end... Kilohearts have lots more planned for future updates. If there was something you were hoping for that hasn’t been added yet, watch this space!

I confess... I skipped to the end first 👍

• Haha 2

Someone spilled the beans early.  They weren’t supposed to share press release until 5/19.   Someone is on the naughty list now :)

Thats what an under embargo press release means if anyone is curious…not the political meaning that will lock this thread real fast hahhah

Edited by kevin H

7 hours ago, Zo said:

What does this mean ?

It just shows up as a text post for me in Firefox. I need to right-click and "Open Image in new tab" to see that it is actually a PDF document I can download and read.  (Similar to Larry's FB images.)

PS. Woo hoo! I really need to spend more time in the KH ecosystem. These devs are some of the most actively working on their stuff right now. Plus, FREE updates for current users? What's not to like??

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

Dateline: April 2022.

Event: Kilohearts Board Meeting

Bjorn: " So I have this great idea for a teaser campaign for the new version of that thing that we're going to give away"

Benny: " Why do we need a "campaign" for something we're giving away ?"

Bjorn: "It's what pro marketing people do these days. You do want to be a pro, right ?"

Benny: " Well, yeah, but y'know....can I remind you that we're giving it away so it doesn't make sense to spend a load of money on advertising ?Also, I think most people think that teaser campaigns are lame."

Bjorn: " Yeah, but hype is important right ? Remember when flu was just flu ?"

Benny: "OK, how about a leak ? "

Bjorn: " How would that work ?"

Benny: "Well, I could give the details to you and tell you not to tell anyone, but then you could tell everyone but pretend that you didn't. That way people will think that they know something that they're not supposed to know and they won't be able to resist telling everyone else about it. All our advertising done for us with zero effort, zero cost."

Bjorn: "You're an evil genius"

Benny: "Are you going to finish your meatballs, because I'm still hungry?"

Bjorn: " Nah, you have 'em. I need to go and get a BILLY bookcase and a SPLORG TV unit."

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3