Request for "Chord" Button on the Virtual Piano Keyboard

kday

Man it would be so cool if the Virtual Piano Keyboard from the Views Virtual Controller drop down had a Chord Button that does one of many different Chords when you play one Note!

I want to be able to play one Note on the Virtual Keyboard and have an option to play one of many different Chords like on Roland FANTOM keyboard and Akai MPC and many other VST and DAW programs.  This way would allow me to take advantage of the potential of many different VST programs that don't have Chord assigning ability.

I can't get that to work. I tried everything. In the soft synth options tab I've changed every option and still can't get it to trigger a chord with that. I must be doing something wrong, and I can't figure it out.

Edited by kday

Add Chordz to the project using a simple instrument track.

Set the input to the virtual controller and enable input echo.

Set the input on the instrument/MIDI track of the synth to Chordz and enable input echo.

Play the virtual keyboard.

• Like 2

Where would I find the Input Echo on the virtual controller? I don't see it in insert Soft Synth Options in Synth Rack to the right nor  as an ADD Track option, nor in the Midi track itself.

On 5/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, scook said:

Input echo is the button to the right of the record button in a track

Hey thanks for the link and the help. Man you are a appreciated resource for this website!

That chordz program is great!

3 hours ago, bdickens said:

God forbid someone suggest improving one's knowledge and skill....

Basically it was a useless suggestion offered in useless lip service. lol

Edited by kday
  • Meh 1

as a note: some people aren't keyboard players. i can do a bunch but would never say i'm a keyboardist. and chordz and ripchord to help with complex chord-progressions. my brother, a keyboardist extraordinaire, on the other hand, has what seems like 12 fingers on 2 hands on each of his 4 arms...

so learning new skills and applying them are all excellent goals. but there are uses for the rest of us who need some assist with keyboard performances...

• Like 1