Metronome (Not sure which category this goes in)

Hello all. I was wondering if theres anyway to permanently disable the metronome? Everytime i start up a new session, i forget about it and go to record, and the metronome starts. Its not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to not have to disable it everytime lol Thanks in advance!

Try this:

Untitled.png.4230fec638137aca13b3acc3ddbe861a.png

Alternatively (depending on what may be easier for you to use) turn off both Metronome in Playback AND Record in the Transport module of the  Control Bar, then save Workspace. Make sure that you set the count-in to zero bars. Both work for me, but I prefer the latter method... easier for me to figure out what's wrong when I DO NEED the click.

• Like 1

As you can see from the image above, the metronome settings are stored in projects and project templates just like everything under Preferences > Project.

Instead of using factory supplied templates consider making copies of the factory templates you use with the metronome setup as desired.

Do not modify the factory templates as they may get overwritten by an update. Either give the new templates names unlike the factory template names or set up a custom folder to store your templates and point the Templates entry in Preferences > File > Folder Locations to the custom folder. 

CbB Installers do not write to a custom templates folder, instead; they always update the default folder.

• Like 2

Absolutely you just need to make your own custom templates if the default ones don’t work for you. 
You can actually use an empty project as a template. I like that because then it shows on the default start screen. 
Just remember to use Save As and rename it before you start adding stuff. 

• Great Idea 1