Option to put the Multidock/Console view on the left or right side!

SVSX

Hey bakers, as a multiscreen user i have a suggestion for improvement: I like the Skylight view really, but it could be a little bit better suited for a 2-screen-setup. I like to have my multidock with console view on the right side of my two screens. So i got to split my Skylight view into two windows. Why not just let me arrange my multidock to the right side after my inspector and browser, instead of only up and down?

THX for your efforts and your work, to give us this awesome DAW! 

Edited by SVSX

Interesting idea. For some of my Workspaces I float the Dock on a second monitor set up maxed size.  Sometimes I will have just the Console, but sometimes I use the Dock's tabs so I can flip through pages on Monitor 2.  I am trying to imagine what your proposed feature would do.

UPDATE:

42 minutes ago, SVSX said:

Why not just let me arrange my multidock to the right side after my inspector and browser, instead of only up and down?

Out of curiosity, have you (1) undocked the multi dock, (2) moved the floating window to your second monitor, and then (3) maximized it?

Hmmm. Are you saying you also want the Inspector on Monitor 2, to the right of the multi dock but rather than positioning them manually, you want them to snap into place?  

I am sure I have some Workspaces where I placed multiple views onto my second monitor so I can recall that arrangement with the switch of a Workspace.  Manually placing the views "just right" can take some effort, but sometimes I find the blue "snap to" feature annoying. 

Edited by User 905133
To ask about what the OP had in mind and add some additional comments

Are you asking to stretch the main window across both screens with both views open?

Currently TV & CV cannot be open full screen in the same window. Split screen, yes.

You can put both Inspector & Browser to left of Multidock so CV is on the right, but TV must be toggled.

FWIW I dock Multidock at top as docking at bottom seems way more difficult to manage other views where I want them.

Edited by sjoens

Look at the picture i post here. Thats how i am setting my screens with Cakewalk. I am constantly leaving track view and multidock view open together. On the left is my track view with browser and inspector and then a 2nd separate window for the multidock on the right side. I cannot figure out a better way of setting it like this.

Thats why i asked to implement this feature, so i can adjust only one main skylight window with multidock included on the right side instead of up or down. Or did i overlook a setting?

20220514_050322.jpg

Edited by SVSX
grammatic correction

19 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Are you asking to stretch the main window across both screens with both views open?

Currently TV & CV cannot be open full screen in the same window. Split screen, yes.

Yes exactly, thats what i meant. 😀

FWIW I dock Multidock at top as docking at bottom seems way more difficult to manage other views where I want them.

Maybe for some users this is ok, but i cannot work comfortable like this, cause i need to look both views while mixing for example. 

1 hour ago, SVSX said:

Look at the picture i post here. Thats how i am setting my screens with Cakewalk. I am constantly leaving track view and multidock view open together. On the left is my track view with browser and inspector and then a 2nd separate window for the multidock on the right side. I cannot figure out a better way of setting it like this.

Thats why i asked to implement this feature, so i can adjust only one main skylight window with multidock included on the right side instead of up or down. Or did i overlook a setting?

I suppose it makes sense to do it that way if want one and only one contiguous Cakewalk Window that spreads across two monitors as opposed to having all the views placed where you want on the two monitors.    

One thing I'd like to mention because it's not obvious and it came as a surprise to me is that you can float individual views of Console, PRV, Browser, Inspector, whatever, wherever you want. I had thought that Console and PRV always had to be in the Multidock.

So they may not be in the Multidock, but you can certainly drag whatever you want to monitor 2, outside the Multidock or Main window.

But I agree, it would be nice to be able to tuck the Inspector and Browser in next to the Console and PRV in the Multidock rather than having to tab over to them.

• Like 1

All Multidock/Inspector/Browser views can be individually floated.

Multidock tabs can be double clicked or simply hit "D" to open full screen, then again to return to a shared screen.

Edited by sjoens