Transfuser 2 by Air Music won't work in Cake? - Solved

I just bought and installed this nicely priced offer - https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-instruments/transfuser.html - properly authorized with iLok, all redeemed, registered, licensed etc.

It doesn't show up in Cake, I rescanned all locations, no joy. Air contact link to support is dead. Would anybody here have an idea?

Thanks

Edited by LoopJunkie

Its a VST (not a VST3).  My default installation has it in Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins. I don't use it but will checked to see if it works on my system.  I assume you have that in your scan path and that you have not set your system to use only VST3s.

It opens in Cakewalk, the loop list shows up, I can drag loops into the "Drop Track or Audio Files Here" Box, it does the analysis, and I can play the loop/file/sound.

Hmmmm. I also have program files (x86)\air music technology and program files\air music technology in my scan paths.  So maybe that's the default and I told the installer to use the Steinberg folder?  Not sure.  I use a tool called "Everything" and searching for transfuser*.dll found it in seconds.  

Edited by User 905133

I always have a hassle when I rebuild installing the Air products. Great stuff but terrible installers. The pathways go nuts and you loose the libraies etc. But what you can do is use the search found in the upper right corner of explorer by opening your This PC and open C drive. Type in Air and it will show you where everything went. 

There are roughly two schools of thought for installing VST2 plugins...

1. Let the installer put them wherever they want to. Then locate every existing VST2 folder path and make sure they are added to the DAW plugin scan paths.
  2. Use one common VST2 plugin folder, and ensure that EVERY plugin installer uses that one. Set that path as the DAW plugin scan path.

The first time I did an install of any of the AIR stuff after Windows 10 21H1 came out, it put my machine into a BSOD loop on boot.

Luckily I had a backup image from the day before, so I could restore it.

IIRC what I did was... immediately after the AIR install ( and refusing any option to restart the machine ), I re-installed the latest VC++ redists, and also re-installed the latest iLok License Manager / drivers.  This cured it.

• Like 1

I still can’t use Strike drums because it can’t find the library. And when I try to uninstall it it crashes. I just wrote it off as not worth the hassle. But I have a lot of projects that use DB33 and so far that is miles above any other B3 I’ve tried. I’d hate to lose  it.

The company makes good stuff but there are bugs and they do not seem to answer e mail. I don’t think they have updated most of the collection in over 10 years. Must be why it’s so cheap. I got their entire collection for less than $100 

Edited by John Vere

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The first time I did an install of any of the AIR stuff after Windows 10 21H1 came out, it put my machine into a BSOD loop on boot.

Luckily I had a backup image from the day before, so I could restore it.

IIRC what I did was... immediately after the AIR install ( and refusing any option to restart the machine ), I re-installed the latest VC++ redists, and also re-installed the latest iLok License Manager / drivers.  This cured it.

Somewhere along the way, AIR released revised installers that placed an older version of the Pace iLok client on your system, regardless of whether you already had the latest iLok installed. These did not play well with Windows 10 and created a lot of reported issues such as yours.

There was a big to-do where Plugin Boutique had to pull all the affected downloads until AIR got it fixed.

You will notice that the AIR Music site now has 2021 updates for many of those installers, listed as: "performance enhancements for Windows 10".  :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LoopJunkie said:

This helped - I uninstalled, then reinstalled into the Steinberg folder and all is well.

Thanks

loop

Good information here to help others who might come along with AIR Music product issues, but as for @LoopJunkie the original issue looks [SOLVED].  (Please add to topic if it is indeed solved.)