So do you feel Lucky today ? On this marvelous Friday The 13 Th

37 minutes ago, craigb said:

You rowed over 15 miles, but didn't go anywhere?

Story of my life. It was brutal man. No rest period at all. 4 minute HIIT intervals with 1 minute rest @ slower SPM. Non-stop for 2 hours and ten minutes. Wednesday I did 7.25 miles, Thursday I did 11.25 miles. 

And I gained weight. I am so *****ing pissed. LOL

I'm going home next week and wanted to get to my pre-winter weight of 250. I did drop a lot but I've been stuck at 256 for a week. I get up from the machine and there's water on the floor from my sweat. I'm hydrating, eating, sleeping, taking my supps. I turned 51 Wednesday. I'm too old for this shit. LOL

Edited by Shane_B.

Lucky.

It's the slow part of the year for gigging. We played at a huge RV Resort that we do at least once a month.

When we started, only 4 people were there. By the time a half hour went by, the place was packed, and stayed that way until the gig was over.

Lucky us, that's good for job security. :D

We did play Stevie Wonder and Jeff Beck's "Superstition".

Notes ♫

• Like 3

On 5/13/2022 at 11:48 PM, Rain said:

See, I was actually born on the 7th hour, on the 7th day, on the 7th month. Weighing 7lbs, too.

So...

Nice  one Rain ! nice to see you here buddy .😀 Was your black cat looking over your shoulder and keeping an eye on you today .

A lot of the great Blues Cats  frequently had their songs featuring lyrics and stories  about how the the other world and Occult played into their personal Mojo .

It didn't matter if the stories were true or not because they should have been true ....

12 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

All I can really say is I was born when I was supposed to be. It was quite a ride but I don't remember any of it.

I have changed ever so slightly since then.

Yeah I feel you Bro , I loveed riding that ride myself  😅 The only thing I remember is I keep trying to go back and ride the ride again ...

Every time I put up with all the BS it takes to find a new riding partner I get to the Gate they won't let me back in ...😅

Kenny

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

The only thing I remember is I keep trying to go back and ride the ride again ...

🤣

I'm glad I don't remember any of it. The closest I have come to it since was the tunnel of love at the local theme park.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Took the grey cat to the vet to get clipped Friday. Not a good day for him.
Maybe he won't pee on my keyboard now.

I feel you.  At one point we had 11 cats and a small dog in the house.  My wife unilaterally decided to rescue a huge 75lbs Cane Corso. Needless to say, that broke the delicate balance.  And when one cat starts marking, it's like dominoes... Walked in on a crime scene almost every time I set foot out of the bedroom or my studio.

I think on the stove is the worst place I've dealt with. But keyboard is worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Nice  one Rain ! nice to see you here buddy .😀 Was your black cat looking over your shoulder and keeping an eye on you today .

A lot of the great Blues Cats  frequently had their songs featuring lyrics and stories  about how the the other world and Occult played into their personal Mojo .

It didn't matter if the stories were true or not because they should have been true ....

Yeah I feel you Bro , I loveed riding that ride myself  😅 The only thing I remember is I keep trying to go back and ride the ride again ...

Every time I put up with all the BS it takes to find a new riding partner I get to the Gate they won't let me back in ...😅

Kenny

Thank you, man! 

Indeed, the idioms they use in their lyrics are fascinating. And not too easy to wrap your head around when you're a French speaking teenager from Canada. lol

Fortunately, I'd been listening to Led Zeppelin for a while when I started listening to the real thing. They had stolen so many of those idioms that I kind of knew what I was dealing with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Took the grey cat to the vet to get clipped Friday. Not a good day for him.
Maybe he won't pee on my keyboard now.

Woah ! sounds like he had a tough day ....it has been years since I had a cat .

I do remember some of the antics they used to pull. They seem to like to get away with things and then flaunt it right to your face .

Dogs ain't no Saints either 😉 I had one Pitbull that thought she was a carpenter . She took the wooden legs of my full sized couch and proceeded to  chew  them down to the size of a medium sized box of tooth picks . 

At least with a dog when you bust them  they do know how to put on that sad I'm sorry face while they assume an all droopy looking posture .

Yeah ! don't be fooled ,  it's all an act 😅

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz