Scaler updated to v1.8.0

John Maar

Log into your Plugin Boutique account to download. I'll include the release notes for v1.7.0, in case you missed that one.

New Features in Version 1.8

40 New Chord Sets: R&B, Synthwave & New Artists Chord Sets

3 New Synth Sounds: Dusty Nostalgia, HeavyHitter & SqSaw

3 New Pads Sounds: DreamOn, SteelyEssence & WidePad

5 New Arpeggio modes: Up/Down Repeat, Down/Up, Down/Up Repeat, Doubled Up, Doubled Down

“Random” strumming mode: Randomly switch between strumming up and down.

Copy/Paste Voicing: Extract the voicing of any chord and apply it onto another chord to match the number of voices and octave at which it will playback.

Voicing Lock: Preview any chord using one of 2 modes:

Dynamic Grouping: Play chords within the same area of the keyboard to maximise compatibility by automatically choosing voices and inversions.

Extracted Voicing: Preview any chord in Scaler with the last voicing you extracted.

New Arpeggio Note Length: Perform Arpeggio in full, half and quarter notes to emulate a staccato effect

Bug fixes and performance improvements

New Features in Version 1.7

Scaler 1.7 introduces several new user requested features, enhancements and bug fixes. There are 30 new Blues, Latin and Bossa Nova chord sets and over one hundred new scales including all the modes of the melodic and harmonic minor scales. You can now re-detect from the chord builder and you can preview chord sets with one click or copy all chord sets to the builder with one click. Scaler 1.7 also includes 5 new Bass tunings for the Fretboard and quickly allows for chord expansion by adding 7th, 9th, 11th and 13th to entire chord sets.

Over one hundred new chord sets including all the modes of the harmonic and melodic minor scales. 

30 New Chord Sets: Blues, Latin & Bossa Nova

5 New Bass Tunings: Fretboard now supports bass tunings with 4,5 and 6 strings. 

Re-Detect from builder: Find which scale fits your progression anytime in your creative process.

Preview chord sets: Play through any progression preset in one click.

Copy-to-Builder: Move all chords from a progression directly into the builder for a faster editing.

Diatonic chords improvements: Quickly navigate between triads, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th chords of any scale.

Improved chord naming: More chord definitions and simplification of existing chord names for improved readability.

Small screen support: Allow smaller UI resizing to support smaller screens and resolutions.

Bug fixes and performance improvements

• Thanks 2

I got it ages ago but never installed it because I forgot about it, it was v1.6 then. Thanks for this info, reminded me, will download and try to remember to install it. They've certainly added many new features, hope it is not too complex to use.

4 hours ago, Mesh said:

Does Scaler work well in Cakewalk/Win10? The features look really good....useful plugin to get?

Works fine @Mesh useful? well depends can give you some ideas for different chords, but I have only played with it a little. 

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues with Scaler 1.8 updating previous versions of scaler already loaded in a project prior to updating? I'm getting the "plugin missing" pop up and so is another guy who uses CbB on Scaler's forum. I can manually load Scaler 1.8, but it's not updating it in projects it was loaded in prior to the update. I guess the devs are looking into it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got Scaler yesterday and now learning how to use this. Much needed in adding new chord progressions that'll inspire in going in different directions. 

Took me awhile to find the enable MIDI output in Scaler, but now we're rocking. :) 

On 6/25/2019 at 1:01 AM, Christian Jones said:

Anyone else having issues with Scaler 1.8 updating previous versions of scaler already loaded in a project prior to updating? I'm getting the "plugin missing" pop up and so is another guy who uses CbB on Scaler's forum. I can manually load Scaler 1.8, but it's not updating it in projects it was loaded in prior to the update. I guess the devs are looking into it. 

I'm getting the same thing. It doesn't look like it is going to be fixed either, the devs say it only happens in Cakewalk and they don't know why. So either don't upgrade or prepare for lots of "missing plugin" messages.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, Mesh said:

Does Scaler work well in Cakewalk/Win10? The features look really good....useful plugin to get?

I ran up to 1.6 in CbB and Win 10 with no problems.  I have 1.8 on my dedicated music PC but have yet to update on my Win 10.

I'm not real impressed with the sounds but I got it for chord voicing/progression ideas and for that, it's great!

😀John B.

8 hours ago, Skelm said:

I'm getting the same thing. It doesn't look like it is going to be fixed either, the devs say it only happens in Cakewalk and they don't know why. So either don't upgrade or prepare for lots of "missing plugin" messages.

Yeah, this is an issue.  When you update to the next version it kinda knocks the entire previous version out of the running, so you get that "plugin missing" message.  What you have to do is go into your plug in menu after you update and re load it as a new version.  Be forewarned: Back up any custom chord sets you created BEFORE you update to the newest version so you  can reload them into the new version.  If you don't have your custom chord sets backed up you may lose them when you update.  If anybody needs help with backing up the chord sets, PM me.

😀John B

OK. I figured it out. It does back up the chord progression, but not in the chord builder below where you originally created it. The backed up chord progression shows up AT THE TOP area where the Artist, Song, etc field is. I was looking for the saved progression to reload into the chord builder again when recalled. All is good here, but is there a way to easily reload the saved progression back into the builder for, say, if you want to close out of the program having not completed a desired progression but you want to continue building the progression at a later time? To do this now, I have to reload these chords one by one back into the builder. Is there an easier way to do something like this?

🙂John B.