v3 Dragonfly RoomReverb, HallReverb, PlateReverb and new EarlyReflections released! Very Nice Free Reverbs!

TheSteven

Now that the plate plugin has stabilized, I'm working on my other goal for v3: A stand-alone early reflections plugin. I've been wanting to do this ever since seeing Glenn Fricker's showcase in which he turned the late reverb level down to zero. The new plugin uses the same the early reflections algorithm as Dragonfly Room and Hall, but doesn't include a late reverb algorithm.

dragonfly-early-screenshot.png

You will notice the "Reflection Type" menu, which wasn't available in the Hall or Room plugins. While digging around in Freeverb3's early reflections algorithm, I found that it contained several lists of numbers representing gain levels and delay times for different reflection patterns, but the Freeverb3 plugins only used one of those settings. I decided to expose some of the other ones, and indeed they result in quite different sounds. I made up names only vaguely related to how they sound, try them all! The one called "Concert Venue" is the one used in the Freeverb3 plugins as well as Dragonfly Room and Hall.

The color scheme is supposed to represent some of the pastel colors of early morning... I'm still trying to decide if I like it, but it will probably grow on me like the other plugins did.

Download the latest beta release here:
https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb/releases/tag/2.9.4-beta

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Michael Willis said:

Now that the plate plugin has stabilized, I'm working on my other goal for v3: A stand-alone early reflections plugin. I've been wanting to do this ever since seeing Glenn Fricker's showcase in which he turned the late reverb level down to zero. The new plugin uses the same the early reflections algorithm as Dragonfly Room and Hall, but doesn't include a late reverb algorithm.

dragonfly-early-screenshot.png

You will notice the "Reflection Type" menu, which wasn't available in the Hall or Room plugins. While digging around in Freeverb3's early reflections algorithm, I found that it contained several lists of numbers representing gain levels and delay times for different reflection patterns, but the Freeverb3 plugins only used one of those settings. I decided to expose some of the other ones, and indeed they result in quite different sounds. I made up names only vaguely related to how they sound, try them all! The one called "Concert Venue" is the one used in the Freeverb3 plugins as well as Dragonfly Room and Hall.

The color scheme is supposed to represent some of the pastel colors of early morning... I'm still trying to decide if I like it, but it will probably grow on me like the other plugins did.

Download the latest beta release here:
https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb/releases/tag/2.9.4-beta

The early slider on the other plugins from yours is what made me fall in love, can't wait to try this one out. Thanks for sharing these. The best.

A release candidate for v3 is now available. I moved it out of beta as an indication that I'm not going to change the plugin parameters, which means that the two new plugins will remain backward compatible in future releases.

I still can't promise anything for the people who experienced crashes, but please let me know how it goes if you try this one.

Also the new manuals are drafted. They're not as involved as the manuals for Hall and Plate, since these new plugins are a lot more simple, but anybody inclined please take a few minutes and proofread them:

Dragonfly Plate Manual
Dragonfly Early Reflections Manual

• Thanks 1

• TheSteven changed the title to v3RC Dragonfly RoomReverb, HallReverb, PlateReverb and new EarlyReflections! Very Nice Free Reverbs!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • TheSteven changed the title to v3 Dragonfly RoomReverb, HallReverb, PlateReverb and new EarlyReflections released! Very Nice Free Reverbs!
  • 9 months later...