Plug & Mix VIP Bundle

cclarry

FWIW, I got this back from Plug and Mix support at http://www.plugandmix.com/.  No specifics, but at least there's a person responding to queries... 

I sent:

Hello,
I haven't seen any updates to the PnM plugins in years and the questions on the Plugivery forum seem to go unanswered.

1. Are you guys still around?
2. Is there still a developer at this company?

I'm thinking about the VIP Bundle and went to the forum to ask a question but couldn't post anything.

Are there any updates planned? VST3?

And I got this reply:

1/ Yes the whole team is still around and we are looking forward to the long awaited next version of the software in the near future which will feature with VST3 support and complete compatibility with all the latest operating systems currently available on Mac and PC.

2/ There are several developers working on the new version's release.

Have a great week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 12:50 AM, Paul Young said:

I'm doing a vst3 makeover

I am not sure why there are so many people believing VST3 = better.  As far as I know the truth is that it's the opposite, VST3 is a mess. It's true that sidechaining it's easier and handled better than in VST2 (where there was no official implementation for sidechaining), but apart from that VST3 is incomplete at best. On one hand it lacks all the features VST2 had, some are simply not implemented, and others are not complete. On another hand it is a big pain in the ***** if you are forced to port a VST2 plugin. That's why a lot of developers (like u-he) even if they offer VST3 versions they don't offer all the functionality the VST2 versions do. The very same way VST3 hosting is either completely implemented in every software so there will be features not working or unexpected behavior.

So in the end I think it's waaaaaaay better to use VST2 versions for plugins that were originally developed for that API and use only VST3 ones when they are new plugins already developed on VST3 and with no VST2.

I am aware though that maybe this has changed very recently now that Steinberg is enforcing VST3 to everyone (although I doubt it though, at least yet). It will improve in the future, that's for sure, but probably it will take at least two more years before going for the VST3 versions be a better idea.

Edited by Jeslan
  • Like 2

Got another reply this morning after sending a "thanks" reply:

Hello Mike,
You should be getting news of a new release quite soon.Best regards,
Barry Morden
------------------------------------
PlugAndMix
www.plugandmix.com

To me it looks like AudioDeluxe is the best deal to pick up this bundle?

No one seems to be giving a further discount.  But AD will give $3.92 in DeluxeBucks PLUS the AudioThings Crusher plugin...  🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeslan said:

I am not sure why there are so many people believing VST3 = better.  As far as I know the truth is that it's the opposite, VST3 is a mess. It's true that sidechaining it's easier and handled better than in VST2 (where there was no official implementation for sidechaining), but apart from that VST3 is incomplete at best. On one hand it lacks all the features VST2 had, some are simply not implemented, and others are not complete. On another hand it is a big pain in the ***** if you are forced to port a VST2 plugin. That's why a lot of developers (like u-he) even if they offer VST3 versions they don't offer all the functionality the VST2 versions do. The very same way VST3 hosting is either completely implemented in every software so there will be features not working or unexpected behavior.

So in the end I think it's waaaaaaay better to use VST2 versions for plugins that were originally developed for that API and use only VST3 ones when they are new plugins already developed on VST3 and with no VST2.

I am aware though that maybe this has changed very recently now that Steinberg is enforcing VST3 to everyone (although I doubt it though, at least yet). It will improve in the future, that's for sure, but probably it will take at least two more years before going for the VST3 versions be a better idea.

I'm doing it to reduce the amount of plugins if they are FX plugins.   There are synths are still vst2.   

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I'm doing it to reduce the amount of plugins if they are FX plugins.   There are synths are still vst2.   

I see.  My apologies for the asumption. Actually it was more of a general comment than personally directed at you. Probably I should have clarified, my apologies again.

Anyway, I would like to ask, because I am not sure I really understand what you meant there. I fail to see what is the relation between wanting to reduce the amount of plugins and which format they actually are.

Edited by Jeslan

2 hours ago, Jeslan said:

I see.  My apologies for the asumption. Actually it was more of a general comment than personally directed at you. Probably I should have clarified, my apologies again.

Anyway, I would like to ask, because I am not sure I really understand what you meant there. I fail to see what is the relation between wanting to reduce the amount of plugins and which format they actually are.

Workflow.   Bandlab and Reason are the slowest in scanning.  It also eliminates choices of the same plugin in the menu.

44 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Workflow.   Bandlab and Reason are the slowest in scanning.  It also eliminates choices of the same plugin in the menu.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply. Indeed they really are.

Thanks to the Music Software Deals site ( here ) I saw that this was $43 and change at Thomann's.  I emailed AudioDeluxe and Best Service to see if they would price match. BS emailed back immediately and said "just adjusted!". 

Best Service now has this for $40.47!

https://www.bestservice.com/vip_bundle.html

Still a good deal at AD with DeluxeBucks and the freebie though...

• Like 2