Plug & Mix VIP Bundle

cclarry

4 hours ago, Grem said:

These look pretty good. Anyone ever use them?

Reminds me a little of Nomad.

I've got Analog Lo-Fi (something like that) and like it pretty well. I've been holding off on picking up other singles though so I could buy them all in one of $49 sales.  

Are they even working on these anymore?  I don't think I've ever seen a new one.  Have the devs moved on?

39 minutes ago, mibby said:

Are they even working on these anymore?  I don't think I've ever seen a new one.  Have the devs moved on?

It appears that they are working on them -- but that progress is pretty slow. The most recent post on their FB page (from mid-April 2022) has these comments from P&M as replies to people asking about updates:

Plug and Mix version 4 is coming with Silicon M1 Mac support.

Version 4 is coming with VST3 support.

Which sounds great! But here's their reply to a similar update inquiry on a post from October 2020:

Yes, we're almost there with porting everything to a new framework and should release updates in the new year with support for newer macOS versions + VST3. Thanks!

So the devs are still devving, evidently. But the timeframe for updates seems to be up in the air a bit.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Grem said:

Reminds me a little of Nomad.

I think for the $49 bundle, they are well worth it if you don't have many plug-ins (yet :))  I have too many plug-ins now, so I don't even have them installed on my desk machine any longer, but I do have and use them on my budget laptop.  I like the simple and consistent UI, and they are pretty easy on the CPU.  They are VST-2 only, but they have 64 bit versions, as well as 32.  No updates since 2017.

-edit-  I didn't catch @Zolton 's reply until I posted.  Nice to see that they are still working on them for future VST3 / M1 support 👍

Edited by Brian Lawler

2 hours ago, Zolton said:

It appears that they are working on them -- but that progress is pretty slow. The most recent post on their FB page (from mid-April 2022) has these comments from P&M as replies to people asking about updates:

Which sounds great! But here's their reply to a similar update inquiry on a post from October 2020:

So the devs are still devving, evidently. But the timeframe for updates seems to be up in the air a bit.

So M1 native coming indeed?

I just saw this over on their KVR product page:

You are going to love working with us at Plug & Mix because we're "user-friendly" towards you and your wallet. Once you have purchased or upgraded to V.I.P. Bundle status, all subsequent plug-ins released for the V.I.P. series will be free of charge for you.

P&M has expanded the P&M V.I.P. 3.0 bundle to 45 plug-ins. And as you are a V.I.P. customer we don't ask you for any further money to be upgraded. And even more plug-ins are going to be added in future releases, free of charge for our end-users...

Not THAT is how to treat your customers! I may have to spring for the bundle this time around...   🤔

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, Grem said:

I haven't used them too much (actually haven't done music related stuff for a while) but I think the bundle at that price is pretty worthy. There is a ton of them, and when I got the bundle for cheap too a few years ago I found they are really easy to use, very consistent and well done. Found too the quality was great (in comparison to what I was used to back then). But the thing that I liked the most was that they were usable and sounded great right out of the box. Just load any of them and directly have instant results without the need for tweaking over and over. Default settings and presets are really useful. You can tweak of course but as they are designed to be quite simple to use and each one of them with a very specific purpose in mind they are not going to be complex or have too much to tweak.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Also, take it with a grain of salt. I am just an amateur and music is just a hobby for me.

Edited by Jeslan
  • Like 4

I liked their simplicity but I deleted them when I discovered Kilohearts. 

I'm tempted to install these again but many of them go back to 2012.  I'm doing a vst3 makeover and don't really need a DAW scanning 50 more plugins. If you are a plugin hoarder by all means go for it.  BTW that bundle is the same price I paid back in 2014.

Edited by Paul Young
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Young said:

and don't really need a DAW scanning 50 more plugins

In this case you don't use any shell plugins like Wave, Presonus, ... ! Because e.g. Waves shell takes about the time of 100 light plugins IMO, even if you have only 3 plugs of them. Also there are some plugins that take eminent more scanning time than others, it is not only quantity, but also coding quality. But YMMV! 😄

• Like 1

I've contacted the Dev off their Plug and Mix website page to see if there is a VST3 update coming and if there is still a Dev on staff. The Plugivery forum is like a ghost town with unanswered questions. I couldn't seem to post a new thread there so just added a question to a VST3 thread from January. (?)  We'll see if I get any answers...

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1