Native Instruments Audio Interfaces

My Roland Quad-Capture is sick and keeps switching itself off at awkward times. It seems unrelated to any software including Cakewalk, so i am looking to replace it. I like the look of the new NI Komplete Audio 6 the specification seems to meet my requirements.

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Native-Instruments-Komplete-Audio-6-MK2/2YRH

Has anyone had any experience with NI audio interfaces.

For the same money I'd check out the Steinberg UR242.  I've owned three Steinberg interfaces used on three versions of Windows and they've all been rock solid.  IMO Steinberg are the most under-rated interface makers around.  I suspect people who aren't using Cubase are turned off by the Steinberg stamp - which is a shame (Yamaha actually makes the hardware) - since I can attest that all of my Steinberg units worked flawlessly for years with Sonar/Studio One/Mixcraft. 

Is it possible your audio interface is getting disconnected because of the Windows USB Selective Suspend default?

You can check this and fix this at the same time, EITHER by:

1) Go into Windows Device Manager, expand the USB Serial Bus Controllers tab, then for each Root/hub go into its Properties, and for every such root/hub that shows a Power Management tab, go into that, and remove the check for the option to let Windows shut off power to that device.

2) You can alternatively go into Windows Advanced Power Plan Settings, expand the USB Settings, then expand USB Selective Suspend, and make it Disabled.

So - maybe check on the above, and then see if your audio interface still has problems shutting off or disconnecting.

Bob Bone

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JonD said:

For the same money I'd check out the Steinberg UR242.  I've owned three Steinberg interfaces used on three versions of Windows and they've all been rock solid.  IMO Steinberg are the most under-rated interface makers around.  I suspect people who aren't using Cubase are turned off by the Steinberg stamp - which is a shame (Yamaha actually makes the hardware) - since I can attest that all of my Steinberg units worked flawlessly for years with Sonar/Studio One/Mixcraft. 

Totally agree.  Their drivers are also rock solid, and one of the biggest reasons to go for them over some competitors - like M-Audio, which has had tons of BSOD issues due to their drivers on Windows, for example.  The build quality is really good, as well.

I agree they are severely underrated.  I also think they have a pretty poor in-store representation, though.  Most music equipment stores I go to have PreSonus, Focusrite, and M-Audio interfaces... but nothing from Steinberg Yamaha.

+1 for Steinberg, love my UR44, just never had any problems of any kind...ever, with any DAW. Unlike other interfaces I have had. Although I do hate Steinbergs "support" for it's products.

I had NI audio interface, it was ok but no DSP chip. I don't think you get DSP with any NI audio interfaces though, I like DSP.

I've heard mixed reviews on the NI interfaces. Mostly, like with any interface, if it works well with your machine, you'll be happy.  If you use your DAW regularly and want an interface that always works, think about a Babyface Pro. I have one and it is absolutely rock-solid.

Dan