XLN 30% Off Adpaks

cclarry

Black Velvet, Fairfax 1 & 2, Rock, Studio, Progressive, and Jazz Sticks here. I intended to get Jazz Brushes but I acquired Superior Drummer 2 and 3. After using Toontrack, Addictive just never found its way into any end projects. I do highly recommend Addictive and Black Velvet and the Fairfax kits to someone who needs a great affordable drum program without the bells and whistles and very large learning curve of Toontrack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Black Velvet and the Fairfax kits to someone who needs a great affordable drum program without the bells and whistles and very large learning curve of Toontrack

20 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I like Fairfax 1 & 2 as well.

Yep. 

I'll be the "Devil's Advocate" here and say it would be much better to invest in EZDrummer3.
XLN has virtually STOPPED development on their products YEARS ago.  They still get updates,
but  I stopped using them several years ago and uninstalled all of their products.  Are the ok?  Yes. 
But what ACTUAL good is "OK" when the company really isn't concerned about supporting or
developing the product?  At THIS point, they should be GIVING these away.

YMMV

28 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'll be the "Devil's Advocate" here and say it would be much better to invest in EZDrummer3.
XLN has virtually STOPPED development on their products YEARS ago.  They still get updates,
but  I stopped using them several years ago and uninstalled all of their products.  Are the ok?  Yes. 
But what ACTUAL good is "OK" when the company really isn't concerned about supporting or
developing the product?  At THIS point, they should be GIVING these away.

YMMV

I think it's a small company and they worked in the last years on XO. Either they can't work on both or they are working on a follow-up and we don't know it yet.

I have all of the ADpaks. I mostly use them with Addictive Trigger for kick, snare and tom replacement. I like the work flow in EZ Drummer for building drum tracks. I sometimes use AD2 after I've created drum tracks with EZ Drummer. If I wasn't so heavily invested in AD2 and not using the samples for drum replacement I would take the King's advice and go EZ Drummer and/or Superior Drummer. I don't know if it's still available but XLN had a download page for gm versions of the AD Paks. 

Addictive Drums 2 was released in 2014....I think 8 years is a bit "over the top"! 

I don't know... ProjectSAM Symphobia 1 was released in 2008 -- and many people still use that, and are happy (although they did just update it this year). So sometimes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies 🙂

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2

I like the sound of the AD2 kits - I would guess that I have about 75% of them.   But I use Jamstix to power them and it's a great combination.   (Jamstix does not get the  interest that it deserves - I think it's the best drum program in the market.)

I did try a demo of EZDrummer2 last year, but found that it did not compare to Jamstix (at least for my workflow).

I suppose I'll give EZDrummer3 a spin when they offer a demo.

6 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

(Jamstix does not get the  interest that it deserves - I think it's the best drum program in the market.)

It is a amazing program. You can really get anything you want out of it. Big learning curve but worth it.

6 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

I suppose I'll give EZDrummer3 a spin when they offer a demo.

Better than EZD2? I am still out on that one. 

On 5/12/2022 at 7:19 AM, cclarry said:

Addictive Drums 2 was released in 2014....I think 8 years is a bit "over the top"!  That is, unless
they are trying to beat IK Multimedia in their SampleTank 4 "over 10 years in the making" schmeal.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/xln-audio-releases-addictive-drums-2-26034

I want to agree with you but also, it's been 8 years since I released my last book. Time just has a way of slipping by.

Not for other companies...even small ones like "HorNET" who constantly release updates and improvements.
Excuses are like "________", while REAL companies makes "great products that they continuously support".