Seasons of Love (with cheap mic!)

Andrew Rhodes

Very 'Wind And Wuthering' that cover shot. 😉

I love this, the guitars remind me of Ant Phillips' stuff and yes I can hear the Yes and Genesis vibe Keith references.

Mic sounds pretty good to me - I've got the T.bone SC450 and I'm pretty pleased with it as a studio mic.

Love the sharp ending too.

New fan

(Another) Andy

Thanks guys! 😀 I was listening to Wind and Wuthering just last week and I never thought about the similarity of the cover shot - but it's pretty obvious now it's been mentioned.

The artists you've mentioned are probably my favourites - early Genesis and Yes (along with Floyd and Zeppelin), and also Anthony Phillips (he did some excellent albums), so that means a great deal to me.

Not fully sure about the Genesis link (just maybe the acoustic guitars), but when I was writing this I thought "How would Jon Anderson write these words?" And I thought the bassline was a little bit on the Chris Squire side - he was a brilliant bass player!

Cheers! 🍺

very nicely put together...agree the sounds are reminiscent of Wind and Wuthering but that's a true compliment....I would add some tambourine, flute (i know, more Genesis 😀) and backing vox to add a bit more depth and feel....enjoyed listening 🎵🥁🎸🔊

Well crafted, I liked this a lot.

Lot of verb on the first section (not a crit), and you handled the "tails" very well (meaning it didn't become a jumbled mess).
That contrasts a bit too much, IMHO,  with the second section, but: your tune, your production.
If was mixing this, I'd pull that distorted bass down a bit (or a lot).
Again, IMHO, its dominating the mix, it should "support" the mix (again, IMHO).

High marks on all the performances, so 👍's!

t

Excellent vocal, which might be brought forward, or a bit louder in the mix. I think the vocals should be a little louder than the guitars hitting the same cadence - are they? pretty close to even, I think?

Bass guitar could have a bit more low-end in this mix, for my tastes. But ymmv, it's a very cool arrangement and has a ton of life in it. Well done!

cheers,

-Tom