EZDrummer 3 - Groove Monkee Midi better than 50% sale to May 16

lawajava

This clip demos how to add Groove Monkee midi to EZDrummer 3.

And points out Groove Monkee has a 50% sale on until May 16.  For example they list their whole collection pack on sale for $150.00 - which contains 34 Midi packs.

And in this clip he has a link for a one-time discount code that can be added on top of that discount price. He doesn’t specify how much that discount is but usually those are 10%.

Here’s his clip:

And here’s the Groove Monkee pricing (without following his one-time code link).

https://groovemonkee.com

I have just come across this. Thinking I might go for it.  I might also look for the EZBass pack he mentions.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2

This is a really good deal. With the extra discount, I paid 130,46 €. 6-7 years ago, I purchased a couple of their drum MIDI packs to go with the bass MIDI packs I wanted, but nothing since, so almost no duplication. I don't anticipate much use of the Heavy MIDI, but the MEGA pack seemed like the best way to go. I'll be using these MIDI grooves with Superior Drummer 3.

EDIT 1: Installing now. Groove Monkee gets points for providing a MEGA pack installer, instead of just including the installers for the individual packs included. Very easy. I'm assuming that SD3 has the same file linking feature as EZD3 as shown it the video. We shall see.

EDIT 2: Now I remember how convoluted Groove Monkee's directory structure and naming is. In spite of the fact that I disabled (unchecked) everything but Toontrack in the installer, it installed everything anyway. I had to delete all of that "noise", plus I unburied the EZDrummer mapped files (moved them up to the base folder and deleted the EZDrummer folder and subfolder).

EDIT 3: OK, SD3 linked to the Groove Monkee MIDI just fine. Glad I cleaned up the directory structure. Much easier to navigate in the SD3 Grooves browser.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

The Mega Pak came out to $135.00 with extra discount applied. That's 34 midi drum packs for $135.00 - about $4.00 a piece.

With the Blue Bass midi pack added that works with EZBass the total comes out to $144.00

Edited by lawajava