Jump to content
Patricio Campos

Arturia Analog Lab and Augmented Strings updated

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Anyone else's Augmented Strings Intro patch selector get borked by the update? Mine doesn't work like it did before. The only way in now is via clicking on the three little vertical lines to the left, clicking on the central bit where the preset name is does nothing now.

Edited by paulo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fleer said:

 

Wondering how different the Augmented freebie and the real thang are

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m thinking the Intro package may hold all of the samples already (almost 3GB) while the full version adds an advanced tab for sound design. If that’s true, then I’m pretty much set with Intro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone else has similar issues with the software center from Arturia. But if I have more than one update as happened yesterday with AL5 and Augmented strings.  It will d/load and install the first ok. But then just sits and does nothing for the second update though it states waiting. The only solution is to log out, close down the app, and restart the app. Then the dowload for the second update is instant. Just frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fleer said:

I’m thinking the Intro package may hold all of the samples already (almost 3GB) while the full version adds an advanced tab for sound design. If that’s true, then I’m pretty much set with Intro. 

My Intro version had the advanced tab yesterday, hence my nothing but presets comment to you and this morning it was the same, but after closing and then re-opening it was gone - something weird going on there but the pc is offline, so I'm not sure how anything could have changed it. The preset menu change hasn't reverted to how it was before though.

Hmmm, I think it might be time for me to forget about this one. It's not like I haven't got any other toys to play with.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now the advanced tab is back again.........

For those who might be thinking that old Paulo's been on the sauce or might be going a bit doolally (and believe me I was even starting to question myself here) here's some screenshots I just took...

7whPh3h.jpeg

WYT4dUE.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, paulo said:

And now the advanced tab is back again.........

For those who might be thinking that old Paulo's been on the sauce or might be going a bit doolally (and believe me I was even starting to question myself here) here's some screenshots I just took...

7whPh3h.jpeg

WYT4dUE.jpg

That appears to be the full version of Augmented Strings.

My copy of Intro says "Augmented Strings Intro" at the top left next to the "hamburger" menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abacab said:

That appears to be the full version of Augmented Strings.

My copy of Intro says "Augmented Strings Intro" at the top left next to the "hamburger" menu.

Yeah, when the advanced tab isn't there, that's what it says, but when the advanced tab is there then it says Augmented Strings I -(ie the NTRO disappears) I didn't notice that when I first had it because I didn't know what it was supposed to look like. Either way round, there  are only 50 presets in total. I would think that the "full" version would have more than that. The weirdness only happened after reading this thread and doing the update. Prior to that I just thought that it was a very nice and surprisingly tweakable freebie. I only did the update because of the CPU usage improvements. I wish I hadn't bothered now.

I have also tried the INTRO unistall/re-install via ASC and it's as shown above at the moment. I don't have the full version and have never even installed the demo version (couldn't even if I wanted to it seems) so all in all it's very strange.

Oh well, onwards and upwards and all that.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I mentioned earlier, my hunch was to wait until the first round of patch updates before I dive in after a major upgrade was just released. Think I will stick to that plan... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Like I mentioned earlier, my hunch was to wait until the first round of patch updates before I dive in after a major upgrade was just released. Think I will stick to that plan... :)

I tend not to dive in as a rule (I'm still on CW version 2020.09) but the only real problem I could see with it before was the CPU hit, so fixing that seemed like a very good idea. It seems now that the version I had was already broken it just happened to be broken in my favour. It's a freebie at the end of the day, so I'm not going to be losing sleep over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caved (for the 9 upgrade).  FWIW,  301 presets each for Augmented Strings and Voices synths.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...