PSP Twin L

cclarry

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I’m thinking no as FabFilter Pro-L should cover this nicely. 

Very different use cases. This is zero latency for tracking, producing, instruments and busses, whereas I generally wouldn't use Pro-L for that. I normally use that more on the stereo buss.

This might be more of an option for creative or vibe style limiting too. It's just another flavour 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Very different use cases. This is zero latency for tracking, producing, instruments and busses, whereas I generally wouldn't use Pro-L for that. I normally use that more on the stereo buss.

This might be more of an option for creative or vibe style limiting too. It's just another flavour 🙂

True, but mostly for drums and percussion I guess. Already lot of stuff for that. Or would it be interesting for other instruments?

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

True, but mostly for drums and percussion I guess. Already lot of stuff for that. Or would it be interesting for other instruments?

I use a limiter frequently on bass instead of a compressor and some other melodic instruments. Sometimes even on cymbals.

Drums I'll actually more often hit with a clipper and/or compressor instead, depending on the source material and sound I'm after.

But I also use them at times on some of the busses, so drum buss, guitar buss, etc. I find limiting at that stage can help glue things together at the stereo buss stage a bit more.

They can be handy as a quick check in production/early mixing stages on the stereo buss to see how levels might be changed by final limiting.

They're really great for sound design too. So to completely smash a single element, or a dedicated FX buss for one instrument.

Edited by MusicMan
  • Thanks 1