Easy Listener

Keith Wilby

https://www.bandlab.com/wilbyforce/breezerevamp-d7f73ec8?revId=fcbb9d46-2bd0-ec11-997e-28187831e8a1

I've just revamped this instrumental that I originally did in the late 90s. It's an easy listening tune that I did for my mum. Ironically, by the time I'd finished it, her tinnitus had got so bad that she was pretty much deaf.

This version uses my son's Epiphone electro acoustic guitar plugged into my compressor, as opposed to a my miked up EKO on the original, which is a horrible tinny thing by comparison.

Also some modern strings on it. Sounds a lot better I think.

• Like 2

Much enjoyed here Keith!

👍's

t

Serious question; How do you keep your guitar and key chops up to snuff?
My father tried to have me trained to play the piano, all I wanted to do was play guitar.
I've always had to go back and edit my key performances, do you find yourself doing the same?
TIA

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

I've always had to go back and edit my key performances, do you find yourself doing the same?

Yeah I usually quantize my keyboard parts. TBH I use piano roll view to check quite a lot of my dodgy playing 🤣

• Thanks 1

Yes, a very nice pleasant song indeed?  The mix sounds great -- crystal clear and great separation of all instruments/sounds.  You performance was great and I liked the ending as well.  In particular, the bass sounds good and I always appreciate the sounds of a vibraphone.  Nice one!

• Thanks 1

I had an EKO Ranger back in the day - my first 'decent' guitar, before I understood the meaning of the word decent 😂, I used to amplify it with a Schaller sound hole pick up - not great.

This however sounds great, some nice chord changes and as Tom says - there's definitely a lyric and song in here if you look for it.

Nicely played

Andy

• Like 1