Duplicate Cleaner Pro 5 - Free Upgrade for purchases after 2020

mettelus

There is also a free version of Duplicate Cleaner, which I used for years, but I wanted to post this in case anyone wants the Pro version. First, the Pro 5 upgrade is free to anyone who bought Pro 4 after JAN 2020 (I cannot remember the exact date). Second, they are still offering purchases for Pro 4, which "should" qualify for the free Pro 5 upgrade (no way to check this for sure). Pro 5 is $39, and Pro 4 (link at the bottom of the buy Pro 5 page) is $29.95 (again, this "should" be a free upgrade to Pro 5), so not sure why they still have that posted.

https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/duplicatecleaner.html

The "Buy Now" opens the purchase for Pro 5, at the bottom of that page is the link to purchase Pro 4. If you have purchased Pro 4 after JAN 2020, when downloading 5, there is a link to the registration key page that gives you the free upgrade to Pro 5 (sends the new key to the same email you registered Pro 4 with).

Again, each of these has a free version, so the Pro version is not required. They seem to choke the processing speed in the free versions, and even with Pro 4 the "remove empty directories" was flubbed, but in Pro 5 that has all been fixed. For folks who regularly make (multiple) backups like I do, this program has saved a lot of disk space over the years. I have been carrying files forward from machine to machine since 2001.

• Thanks 1