Waves BOGO - Buy One - Get One

cclarry

22 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I don't get this. This is the list of free items you can pick if you pick another one of same or higher value?

https://www.waves.com/free-plugins-buy-1-get-1-sale-may-2022

Well, usually, it's buy 2 get one free, or spend $50 and get one free, so this can be a better deal than those offers (depending on the plugin you buy).

Oh, and you can actually pick a freebie of a higher value but only from the listed  plugins.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ALC said:

Well, usually, it's buy 2 get one free, or spend $50 and get one free, so this can be a better deal than those offers (depending on the plugin you buy).

Oh, and you can actually pick a freebie of a higher value but only from the listed  plugins.

Yeah.. this is what I was wondering about.  Ok.. In I go then. I was looking for a JJP plugins after that Pultec discussion on GS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

WUP is a Mac thing, don’t need on PC for Waves plugins to continue working for years

In general it's much better than with Mac, but also not entirely true.

If you have two PCs, or a DAW and laptop you only have two licenses with active WUP. As soon as WUP expires you only have one license.

I believe you also need active WUP to be able to sell/transfer any Waves plugins.

I have heard that you have no support without active WUP,  although I can't say for sure as I haven't needed to contact them for support, so don't quote me on that. But if you install an update and it breaks, or want to install on another machine and hit a speed bump you might have no support.

Just some things to keep in mind.

• Like 1