PA Flash Sale - Black Box HG-2 MS

cclarry

Black Box Analog Design HG-2MS: 

Add colorful, frequency-selective tube saturation with M/S Processing

Use voucher code during checkout! Flash Sale offer expires 11:59 pm PST on May 10, 2022.

HG-2MS-7999

This is a fixed price offer! The price for this product will not change if you add more plugins to your order. But you will get dynamic discounts of 20-60% on any additional purchase.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/black_box_analog_design_hg-2ms.html

3 hours ago, dee said:

exactly whats the point of those sales if you can get it for 30 to open subs and close.

At this moment maybe the point of these sales is to encourage you to buy into a subscription.

You look at these sales and their prices and think that's 2 or 3 times what the sub price is...

PA is hoping that enough people will bite then forget or decide not to cancel their sub.

I decided to join in to round out my collection and picked up Sculpt and in the coming months will pick up 

• Black Box HG-2 MS
  • bx_console AMEK 9099
  • bx_crispytuner
  • and maybe Suhr SE100

After that it becomes a hard sell to keep the subscription as I've been picking off the choice PA plugins as they've come up on sale over the years.
If I forget to cancel I may end up with a couple of $1 coupons to hold incase something new & interesting comes out.  Or maybe that'll be a strategy like picking a Toontrack 6 pack even though there's nothing you currently want.
But regardless - for me it's definitely going to be limited run subscription.

Edited by TheSteven
Edited post because initial version was a hot mess...

32 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

At this moment maybe the point of these sales is to encourage you to buy into a subscription.

You look at these sales and their prices and think that's 2 or 3 times what the sub price is...

PA is hoping that enough people will bite then forget or decide not to cancel their sub.

I decided to join in to round out my collection and picked up Sculpt and in the coming months will pick up 

• Black Box HG-2 MS
  • bx_console AMEK 9099
  • bx_crispytuner
  • and maybe Suhr SE100

After that it becomes a hard sell to keep the subscription as I've been picking off the choice PA plugins as they've come up on sale over the years.
If I forget to cancel I may end up with a couple of $1 coupons to hold incase something new & interesting comes out.  Or maybe that'll be a strategy like picking a Toontrack 6 pack even though there's nothing you currently want.
But regardless - for me it's definitely going to be limited run subscription.

I'm going to do absolutely.. nothing.. 🤣

I'd put money on all of those plugins being $25 or less in the not too distant future. Keep in mind they'll still need to do something better for Black Friday, etc too. $20 vouchers could still play a part in sales.

They've also set some new all-time low prices on them, which means we're likely to see them again.

I'll be happy to wait and not help encourage subscription options. But I also have plenty to use, so there's no real need, or hurry 🙂

51 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

$20 vouchers could still play a part in sales.

$25, and they still do, just not with the impact they use to.
Whether that with change back probably will depend on how well PA's subscription offering goes.  If it becomes a real money maker then they'll have little incentive to undercut it.

51 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Keep in mind they'll still need to do something better for Black Friday,

Maybe, need tends to be a subjective thing...   I've been burned waiting for BF sales before, we've had a year or two not that long ago where the audio deals were fairly meager.

BUT in reality most plugins are luxuries rather than necessities.  You could turn out master pieces just with the plugins that come with Cakewalk.  Heaven forbid I be the instrument causing you to pry the currency out of your wallet to ply your DAW with ephemeral objects of software construction causing your family to go hungry - that's Larry's job. 
I was just stating my decision and objectives.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

$25, and they still do, just not with the impact they use to.
Whether that with change back probably will depend on how well PA's subscription offering goes.  If it becomes a real money maker then they'll have little incentive to undercut it.

Maybe, need tends to be a subjective thing...   I've been burned waiting for BF sales before, we've had a year or two not that long ago where the audio deals were fairly meager.

BUT in reality most plugins are luxuries rather than necessities.  You could turn out master pieces just with the plugins that come with Cakewalk.  Heaven forbid I be the instrument causing you to pry the currency out of your wallet to ply your DAW with ephemeral objects of software construction causing your family to go hungry - that's Larry's job. 
I was just stating my decision and objectives.

Agreed on the $25 vouchers not having the same impact.

I was more referring to the Mega Sale ones where they give everyone a few rounds of $20 vouchers with no limits. If these continue as they were, then there could be some good deals still. Like you, I waited on a couple of things for Black Friday sales and unfortunately they have increased their regular price! That is pretty uncommon though luckily.

It's actually very true about having everything we need stock... but I like the other ones more.. Haha.. 

That Larry guy does do a pretty damn good job at that! Could almost be his slogan.. "starving families around the world, one audio deal at a time" 🤣 We are grateful of course though!

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1