Not a deal - 8dio account activation

kevin H

Just got email from 8dio to activate a new account for their new enhanced and secure store.  With their hack history waiting to make sure this is real :)

From email:

——————-
Welcome to our new and secure 8DIO store running on the fastest and most secure shopping network in the world. 

Please make sure to activate your account using the link below! 

——————-

I don’t click on email links so will go to website later.

Okay seems no way around it. Need to activate via email link because won’t find your account otherwise.

I think I beat Larry by a nose but will can revisit if anyone has photo finish evidence hahah

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Well to be honest.. I saw Larry's post first, I read it and clicked the link to the new site, and when I came back I saw your post... with your reply in it!!!

Larry’s post is more complete anyway…I accept defeat haha…

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, husker said:

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw the "Fast And Secure" banner floating across the top.   From the company who was subjected to several SQL inject attacks over the past few months.

The “fastest and most secure” comment in email made all my spider senses tingle, only hackers say this kind of stuff hehe

I fell for this with the tinder swindler…never again..never hahah

I found it weird to get that e-mail too.

They posted this on Twitter, so it sounds like they've been addressing the security issues. I'm assuming from that description that the ordering system is now through Shopify.

---

@8Dio
4h

Welcome to the New 8Dio. 

The New 8Dio begins with the launch of our brand new website, which has been a year and a half in the making. 

The new site is hosted on the fastest and most secure shopping network in the world. 

We ♥ Kontakt.  Experience new

11 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Couldn’t keep my old password BTW as they now require a longer one. 

Unless I'm missing something, you definitely shouldn't be reusing an old password on a new system (especially if there are rumors of data breaches). If someone had been able to download the old database they would have your password (or a hashed version of it) for the new system going forward. There are so many hacks lately that having new, stong passwords constantly and never reusing is so important.

• Like 3