Lead Me On

Douglas Kirby

What a cooker Douglas -- from the intro drums on it has a terrific feel and your vocals are spot on.  (there's a bit of Ozzy in your voice amirite?)  I like the mix and the sound of the guitars -- and the bass (could use a little more bottom but hey...).  All in all a really enjoyable listen -- oh, yeah, liked that guitar lead too -- :) -- Allan.

Edited by ABull
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ABull said:

What a cooker Douglas -- from the intro drums on it has a terrific feel and your vocals are spot on.  (there's a bit of Ozzy in your voice amirite?)  I like the mix and the sound of the guitars -- and the bass (could use a little more bottom but hey...).  All in all a really enjoyable listen -- oh, yeah, liked that guitar lead too -- :) -- Allan.

Hey Allan - thanks for the positive vibes - I liked that you mentioned Ozzy - that's cool.  Yes, the bass is a bit trebly - my Ibanez bass has a good variety of tones to it - so I picked what I thought worked best for the song. Perhaps you're right about it needing a bit more bottom end to it.

7 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Where have you been douglas?  Hope you are well.  Esp liked the drums on this.  This is one of your best.

Thanks for listening David.  I took a bit of a break to write some more songs - always a fun challenge for me.

7 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

I would've put a crash cymbal on the very end.  Nice. It takes me back to a good time and place in the 60s. Not much music made like this anymore.

😀John B

Thanks for listening John  - I appreciate it. Yeah, I know what you're saying - I don't really hear any new rock on the radio - only classic rock.